• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone ever fry their PCM?

SVTED

Veteran CEG'er
My PATS was screwing up with me last week so I took it to the dealership today to get it reset and apparently they're getting no communication with the PCM. Like it's not there (but it's physically there) so they think it's shorted out or something. So I guess I need to find a new PCM. I tried looking on teamford, got nothing.

Suggestions?

My PATS was screwing up with me last week so I took it to the dealership today to get it reset and apparently they're getting no communication with the PCM. Like it's not there (but it's physically there) so they think it's shorted out or something. So I guess I need to find a new PCM. I tried looking on teamford, got nothing.

Suggestions?

Post what year car you have and what code is listed on the computer. :)

Someone on here will def have one for like 50-75 bucks. :shrug:

It's a 1998.5

what code are we talking about? I'll call the dealership and ask for a "code" :confused:

It's the PCM code. it's on a white label on the PCM. You probably shouldn't ask the dealership of you are getting it from here :crazy: just take a look your self.

Well I just talked to the tech who worked on it and he says the PCM fuse is fine (I didn't know it had a freaking 175amp fuse).

So everything's pointing to a bad wire somewhere and obviously nobody knows how long it'll take or if they'll find the damn wire/s.

I guess I'm gonna have to scrap some money together and have them find it...

I sent you a PM but missed your last post. You can pretty much disregard the PM. LOL! ;)

Well I just talked to the tech who worked on it and he says the PCM fuse is fine (I didn't know it had a freaking 175amp fuse).

So everything's pointing to a bad wire somewhere and obviously nobody knows how long it'll take or if they'll find the damn wire/s.

I guess I'm gonna have to scrap some money together and have them find it...

the 175 amp fuse is inline with the alternator feed to the starter ... its the mega fuse ....

Back