• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

There's just something about

D.Acker

Owner/LUCA’s *****
Admin
Looking at a freshly PC'd Contour that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside isn't there?

I don't know about the rest of you, but it gives me a feeling of accomplishment. Now I still have to seal and wax, and re-black it but, still what I consider the hardest part is over.

Re-black = removing polish, wax etc from sail panels, weatherstripping etc.

That will be tomorrows project sealing, waxing, finishing the interior, then it will go to bed for about a week, maybe longer.

Last edited:
I know what your saying.....my big project is half way done. 1 part got finished today and man does it feel good sitting back and just looking at it :)

I know what your saying.....my big project is half way done. 1 part got finished today and man does it feel good sitting back and just looking at it :)

gawd, I think I am still at least another year out from being able to say that about mine. Plus now I got my wife's neon to work on, and one of my parents vehicles.

gawd, I think I am still at least another year out from being able to say that about mine. Plus now I got my wife's neon to work on, and one of my parents vehicles.

Oh no...i still have more projects...:crazy:
I'm just talking about my most recent :) Before SZ

Car is done, even got a new set of eyes and eyelids (i have had laying around for awhile now). The pass light botton corner sticks out a bit from the fender, but even the OEM light had some fitment issues on that side. Oh well. My OEM lights aren't even bad, they just need some light TLC to get cleared up and the eyelids have taken a beating for some reason.:shrug:

Looks ok from the front.
Newlights02.jpg

From the side is where you can really see the mis-alignment. (not sure why it came out so grainy)
Newlights03.jpg

Last edited:
You wouldn't happen to offer the that PC detail as a service would you? I don't know if I will have the time to do it all myself prior to SZ.

You wouldn't happen to offer the that PC detail as a service would you? I don't know if I will have the time to do it all myself prior to SZ.

HAHAHA no. Anyway, I'm thinking (probably going to) about having a "Get them ready for SZ" meet like May 9 (second saturday) at my place so that everyone can do anything needed detailing wise, PC etc. My car is done of course, so I'm willing to help anyone out that is needed. I figured a couple guys working on a car and we can knock them out pretty fast. Have one area for washing\clay, one for pc work and another for interior.

Keep an eye on WGL for details.

I don't think that light fit mine quite as bad...it did stick out though

Image006-7.jpg

I got it to suck in a bit, drilled out the fender hole a tad! Third car those lights have been on now!

Yours
A co-worker of mine (while we cleared hers)
Mine (I'll probably put the OEM lights back once I clear them)

Haha. Or like calling sodas Cokes.

Yeah I only speak on what I've been told here but I guess in Texas you order a Coke-Pepsi, instead of just saying Pepsi.

Coke-Coke
Coke-Diet Coke

Well you get the point.

Last edited:
Nah. In Texas you order what you want but you yell "bring back some cokes!" when someone goes to the store and its just assumed they know what brand you like. :)

Nah. In Texas you order what you want but you yell "bring back some cokes!" when someone goes to the store and its just assumed they know what brand you like. :)

I think this was the Houston area several years ago. I see your from TX so I do not argue a bit as you know the area much better. Perhaps a regional thing around the state? I have no idea.

Back