• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

OH GOD, that noise! I think I'm screwed

what is the success rate of replacing bearings in an engine thats spun one?

isnt this the mentality that got you into this mess? just buy another 3L......what are they, $300? whats the cost of 6 new rod bearings plus 6 sets of rod bolts? plus gaskets?
you may be looking at a difference of $250 bucks for the piece of mind...

isnt this the mentality that got you into this mess? just buy another 3L......what are they, $300? whats the cost of 6 new rod bearings plus 6 sets of rod bolts? plus gaskets?
you may be looking at a difference of $250 bucks for the piece of mind...

roger that, I think I agree

reebs said:
0% success rate if it already spun! If it is rod knock in the early stages and a bearing hasn't spun, then there is SOME hope.

alright, yeah, it would have been nice to know how quiet a rod knock is in this engine. I couldn't tell it from a stuck lifter...

TheMexicanJob said:
just step away from the car.

:blackeye:

Beans said:
Take 3L. Place in toilet.

I dont think it fits, now doms ass on the other hand...

Why do you keep blaming people on FCO for everything? Because they didn't put up with as much as the people on here have? :rolleyes:

not FCO, dom. FCO's a fine place, luke and terry are great guys, in fact I wish I could still get ahold of luke.

the reason is this:

I asked on FCO about a coil signal wiring diagram for a taurus 3.0. what I was given by dom is this: the purple wire and the red wire are the 12v supply's for their respective connectors, the rest is self explanitory.

now the logical next step freom there is to wire the connector straight across from the 12v supply. doing this resulted in only two cylinders firing at the correct time. that resulted in a massive amount of abuse to the bottom end. that abuse resulted in the failure of my project. the same failure the Dom so confidantly preached would occure.

obviousley it would fail if the source of the information wants it to fail so he can charge people three times the actual cost of the swap and point at my build as why they should pay him...

but I guess you right, it is my fault my engine failed, my fault because I believed the words of Dom. should have known he would screw me. shame on me...

Take the advice dom gave at face value. Someone gave you advice on an internet car forum. Did you confirm the info? If you decide to do another motor, either triple check all of your info and then do it, or send it to someone who knows how to. Even if I had the space to do a swap, I wouldn't dive right into it. I would spend months doing research before even turning a bolt.

I spent months doing research. the big hickup in the getalong here was my lack of an 02 ford cd.

this time around all the modding has already been done, just have to cut those two tabs off the block, cut the bushing off the crank output, flip the timing wheel, and stuff it in.

I'm hoping I can have it done in a week with good weather. just need to find another engine.

so... checking out a few engines this weekend, any further input you guys want to give me before I get another engine?

Yeah, go back over your threads and do the opposite of what you did last time. I am pretty sure all your questions have been answered, just take the advice this time. Don't take any shortcuts, either do it right the first time or don't do it at all. I'm not trying to be a dick, but if you want any chance of success, you will need to do things differently.

the only thing that was "a hack" was the stupid resistor idea that I ended up removing and going to nautilus for a tune. basically, by the time it was running, it had been done via everyone's advice anyways.

new plugs, the correct injectors for the engine with a tune to make them work, pretty much everything was correct. unless your referring to me keeping my egr, but plenty of folks do that, and that IS how it's supposed to be. if anything, all these folks "deleting" their EGR are hack tuning their engines.

maybe you could elaborate on the corners I cut?

the only thing that was "a hack" was the stupid resistor idea that I ended up removing and going to nautilus for a tune. basically, by the time it was running, it had been done via everyone's advice anyways.

new plugs, the correct injectors for the engine with a tune to make them work, pretty much everything was correct. unless your referring to me keeping my egr, but plenty of folks do that, and that IS how it's supposed to be. if anything, all these folks "deleting" their EGR are hack tuning their engines.

excuse me, but deleting the EGR isn't a hack job, when you use the word TUNING in the same sentence.

for god's sake, the EGR delete is a FORD PART!

Deleting EGR is a "hack" huh? Hmm I guess my 42lb injectors are hack as well:shrug:. I will take my "hack tuning" 3L over your none running 3L anyday, good luck ruining another 3L.

Aaron

hackety hack hack cracker crap

Fine, your smare > my smare

Are you the cool internet dude now? while I can't get to work and I'm being thrown out of my house? good for you

people with your attitude are why my ride is broke again

Back