• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anybody Here?

I'm more of a Sprecher fan.... their Amber has and will always be one of my favorites!

I'm with you on the Sprecher. My wife and I always try to dine out at restaurants that serve Sprecher Amber. But it is such a boring tour. Now Lakefront Brewery on the other hand has the BEST tour in town, and some really good beer to boot. Crispy, you should try Lakefronts Riverwest Stein if you like Sprecher Amber, might be even a tad better. Heading downstairs right now to have a Lakefront Eastside Dark. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. :drool:

Sorry Bob. :shrug:

not sure they sell that in the Madison area... It used to be pretty hard to find Sprecher but its getting easier...

Do you get any of the New Glarus beers by you? I tend to drink their Spotted Cow because its so readily available in this area... With a lemon, its pretty tasty.

not sure they sell that in the Madison area... It used to be pretty hard to find Sprecher but its getting easier....

Try Pick N Save or Woodmans or look on their website www.lakefrontbrewery.com/where.asp

Do you get any of the New Glarus beers by you? I tend to drink their Spotted Cow because its so readily available in this area... With a lemon, its pretty tasty.

Yes, they sell New Glarus beer here and we've tried Spotted Cow and Fat Squirrel when visiting the Prairie du Chien area. Had a few here too when Sprecher or Lakefront isn't available.

Bob, that tour itinerary sounds great!:cool:

Anytime guys, anytime.

Kyle, if you are looking for something in particular, brewery related, let me know as I have some insiders I could ask.

Crispy, I AM going to attempt to change your mind!!!!:crazy:

Curt, If you love T-Reds, buy mine. I'll throw in a case of beer a month for a year !!!! Spring is around the corner....

ok, lets set up a meet and take some brewery tours... I went on a Miller tour when I was really young with my parents and was unable to partake in the beverages... I believe this was back before half you guys were born.. LOL

Am I the only one who really loves that smell once you get into Milwaukee and go past the breweries? Most people complain about it... I embrace it and breathe in deeply!

ok, lets set up a meet and take some brewery tours... I went on a Miller tour when I was really young with my parents and was unable to partake in the beverages... I believe this was back before half you guys were born.. LOL

Am I the only one who really loves that smell once you get into Milwaukee and go past the breweries? Most people complain about it... I embrace it and breathe in deeply!

That's the spirit !!!!! The smell you are thinking of probably was the Red Star Yeast plant on about 26th and I-94. The smell was the worst under that bridge.

It will be good to meet you. I missed the PRT Fall bash and the chance to meet some the WI and IL peeps.

What are you talking about? I have the pics from that day. It was around St. Paddys day; as I remember they had green beer.

Kyle, if you are looking for something in particular, brewery related, let me know as I have some insiders I could ask.
I don't know if we are looking for anything particular. I would like to get him a couple newer neon signs, but they go for ungodly prices on ebay.:eek: I've been spending too much money on mods for my car this winter to afford those right now :laugh: Other than that, we collect just about anything. We've got so many different types of beer cans I can't even count. :crazy: At least 1 rooms worth in the basement not to mention the old school lighted signs we've collected from a friend of ours when he re-did the bar at his restaraunt and a couple other sources.:cool: I've never been to Miller Brewery, but Miller is our favorite because it's a "hometown" beer, made in Milw.
We used to have a ****ioning malt plant here (now they just transload from trucks to rail now) and I loved the smell!! I'd go down there to photograph the trains as they would go by or spot cars there and some of my friends would ask me how I can tolerate the smell. I liked it:shrug::laugh:

Back