• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My friends contour.

cougardizz

New CEG'er
Well, my friend isnt really a forum kind of guy, so im posting for him...he's got alot of work in his contour, some will love it, some will hate it. I respect him for the work, but I wouldn't do it to my SVT of course. Its only an I4, its slow and we give him hell about it, but I like it. I love the color (booberry) and that he's put his time, effort, and hard earned money into his car. All the work is actually pretty good. His shaved trunk has no cracks or stress marks. The molded z3 inserts are solid with no cracks. Tell me what ya think?
Before:
l_540f9bd919bc8185baab8bb82914640d.jpg

During:
l_3e10898da8217c5fc08f6c28317a4039.jpg

And After:
l_e2130b53d487505370e2d9c35eb3c2e6.jpg

l_4441d0fe3f12cd445b2476a6b386c3ef.jpg

l_7389569f4c226f6b49f508027d32246a.jpg

l_280c0d215777384758460f48292c6609.jpg

Yeah, the only part I hate about this car is the muffler. He's got the headers and a full exhaust with no cat... then the fart can he got at Advance. I wish I had a sound clip.

body kit actually looks decent, trunk looks aweful, wing looks like sin, rear bumper looks like puke, headlights need to be hightowered, and im sure the exhaust needs like 6 or 7 more resonators before it stops sounding all buzzy.

The front bumper wouldnt be so bad if there wasn't such a large gap between the tire and bumper.

I just personally don't like radical body kits, but this is not my car so I won't rag on it.

The spoiler or uh whatever that huge thing is needs to be thrown away. It looks like the engine bay is still the original color. Did he paint just the outside or did he make sure the door sills were painted?

It's not that bad. Like the OP said, there has been a lot of hard work put into this, and it all looks pretty quality.

Ditch the park bench and call it a day...

Are you serious, maybe I am being too critical today but I wouldnt drive that car if it was the last automobile on earth.

Are you serious, maybe I am being too critical today but I wouldnt drive that car if it was the last automobile on earth.

yeah ryan. maybe just a bit. i'd get rid of that monstrosity on the trunklid, and the trunklid itself. replace with pre or post 98 trunklid and it'll look good. if he's got the means, a twin outlet exhaust would take it over the top.

Ditch the "z3" fender cut-outs or cut-ins, spoiler, and needs a better wheel/suspension setup. Otherwise the work actually looks good and clean!

Under the engine bay is nice as well!

- amyn

I like everything except for the wing and trunk.

I'm in disbelief that that is the real color though. It looks photoshopped to me.

most people go crazy over that exotic look. i think it looks fine. but i think if you are going for that look, ya gotta go an inch bigger on the wheels and lower it. body kits look weird unless they are about to scrape the ground.

Things to do:

lose that wing and send it flying to the dumpster
lower the car so that the rocks are kicked, literally
get bigger rims so that the car looks like it was intended to be...

I like it it looks good. I agree it needs a dual exhaust tip. pic up some old SVT exhaust and I'm sure it will sound a ton better.

I think guy did a good job whether I agree with all he did or not. honestly he can park next to me any day.

what i don't like is people who don't do quality work and are sloppy...this guy is neither

Good Job Guy.

Looks like quite a bit of work has gone into it. To each his own, I won't judge it - looks clean and it is a contour :cool:.

you can judge it now joe. since you sold the chrome wheels :)

btw you get my personal award for most improved contour ! :D

drop that bish on some GC's and that will be a big improvement.

then ditch the trunk as it was stated earlier. it just doesn't look right to me.

other then that the work looks great. i dont even mind the fender inserts.

one of the better installs of that body kit.

Back