• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spring Zing 09 - Who's going?

frenchblueC2

amusé par les flatulences
Just wanted to get a headcount on who from this area plans on attending this year?

We haven't booked our hotel room yet or sent in our registration money, but we'll be working on that within the next couple days (still recovering from our vacation last week).

Mike and I are planning on leaving Wednesday, May 13th sometime in the morning. We're in talks for making a stopover somewhere between Buffalo, NY and Cleveland, OH (working on the details via pm only), which would make the first leg of the trip about 8-10 hours for us.
Then head for K-zoo on the 14th, making for a 5-7 hour drive.

We have not yet worked out the details on our drive home, but will most likely leave Sunday afternoon.
We requested the 12th through the 18th off from work (12th is trip prep day).

I am, so add one. I have requested the 13th to the 18th off. I also still have to send in my registration fee.

Um, so I MAY actually go! My last day of classes is May 12, and my only two final exams are on May 20! Only thing is that I wouldn't be taking my car. I can't afford the gas, but I'll pitch in for *some* gas for whoever wants to deal with me for the trip :laugh:

copiloting will be a good way to help either Brian or Matt out, if they'll have you. Depending on their room situation, you may be able to help split hotel costs with them too. heh look at me meddling with my suggestions.
You could possibly crash our room too. Our plan thusfar is to room with Billdo.

I'd offer to let you ride with us in the truck, but you'd be uncomfortable after an hour.

Are we going to be caravaning with each other and/or the Northeast? I'm just trying to see what it is I should be doing, haha. I need to make sure I save the money I need and everything.

It's $69 per night for the hotel...plus the $45 registration fee...plus gas...plus eating out a few times...plus booze :laugh:

Everything is still up in the air for me. If I go forward and purchase a condo soon, I'll be out for sure. If I don't right away, I need to decide if I want to spend on the trip or save it towards the condo.

I wish the damn mortgage company would call me back!! Shopping for a home sucks! :mad:

I'm gonna guess that the Northeast (and Capitol?) folks will caravan up through Northern Ohio?
We usually cut through the NY State Thruway and then snake westward below Lake Erie. We make a judgement call last minute on whether or not to go straight through Cleveland, or steer a tad south of it. So a good meet up spot may be somewhere slightly west of Cleveland.

We met up with some folks at a rest stop in the N. OH one year, and that worked out pretty well.

that sounds like a mighty fine idea...I know Allen wanted to caravan, but haven't heard from other people, yet...

copiloting will be a good way to help either Brian or Matt out, if they'll have you.
Looks like I'll be taking the SVT out, if the Subaru is still in the shop. You're welcome to ride shotgun for a portion of the trip, if you don't fear my driving :blackeye:

Looks like I'll be taking the SVT out, if the Subaru is still in the shop. You're welcome to ride shotgun for a portion of the trip, if you don't fear my driving :blackeye:

If Kim doesn't take you up on that offer I'll gladly take a gander. I want to be a man-whore and get myself in as many vehicles as possible ;)

Back