• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Looking to get a new suspension soon

Necronommicon

CEG'er
So I want a mostly stock ride quality and was thinking of going with the bat spring strut combo. Will this do the trick? Also while I'm at it should I just go ahead and replace all the bushings? Since I live in Mi and the roads are hell this being my daily it needs to last. Its a 98 SVT with 96000K on the ODO. Just looking for a little input.

Thanks Five oh, thats what I'm leaning toward because I don't need alot of drop if any. I also don't want a too stiff or too soft ride. One of my cars is lowered little over 2" and beats the crap out of me.

if you can, go to meets and ask for rides in other people's cars to get a feel for someone's suspension.

Any dropped vehicle will have a stiffer ride than stock, but the stiffness obviously will vary from companies.

you should set up another mini meet here soon!!:cool:

Stock springs with stiffer shocks, maybe Koni's, can give you the ride you want with improved handling.
-Andy

Seriously, I'd recommend the BAT kit. The springs and struts are developed to work together. The kit isn't harsh at all, and the drop is minimal, only an inch or so, not very noticable. Many many people here have used the BAT setup, and I don't recall anyone being less than very pleased with it.

Koni's are nice but are pretty pricey. How cheap are O.E. replacement springs? I would love to do that BAT kit but since I drive in pretty crappy lots and have to go over massive speed bumps I'm worried about the drop.

Back