• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Show Season!

cobrawannabe

Addicted CEG'er
...is looming! Let's see those show cars/bikes/boats/what have you; whether they be DDs which will see the occasional show, or full-time showstoppers.... Tell us your plans and aspirations for this year!

Mine: 2006 Focus ZX4 ST... 2.3L Duratec DOHC with a 5-speed. It's not much at all, but I hope to Lamin-X the lights (uniqueness will ensue) and have some driving lighs installed behind the lower grille by the time the UConn Car Show rolls around on April 19th!
SDC10003.jpg

The lights...
K8PIL903.77.jpg

They're 4" in diameter, and will give off a white light, not blue. 2 will be installed once I can get the car up on ramps...

are those replacing the current fogs or are you just going to bolt them up in addition too?

are those replacing the current fogs or are you just going to bolt them up in addition too?
Additional. My car is getting the OZ-inspired 20-spoke Euro SVT wheels which were powdercoated white by a local shop. That inspired me to lower it and stuff as many lights as I could in the front of the car (haha j/k). I'm going fo a clean street/rally theme. And no, they will not be on constantly. I don't want to blind everyone else on the road.:cool:

These are going behind the ceter opening you can see at the bottom of the bumper, all stealth-like...

Our show car is a work in progress and isn't quit finished. Its a 1956 DeSoto Firedome Seville. Power was going to be a bored/stroked 440 with stage 5 hemi heads, but the heads are no longer made. Instead we stumbled upon a low mileage Viper engine for a good deal. This morning we picked up a rear end and took it to the machine shop to be narrowed. Dana 60 with 4.10's outta take the abuse the v10 will dish out. The engine is in transport, I'll post pics when it arrives. Here it is on the way to the sandblaster's over the summer.

In stock form it looks something like this:

1956-desoto.jpg

3279550985_3119e67a97.jpg

98 SVT

1. Zaino, Zaino, and more Zaino. Polishing pads and Zaino all ordered and ready to go.
2. Lotek Gauge Pod with Autometer Nexus Gauges.
3. BAER Track Plus kit. (13" 2-piece rotors)
4. NPG/Warmonger rear kit
5. Samco hoses (finally getting installed)
6. Xcal2 (to be used for something other than an OBD scanner)
7. EVO fiberglass hood (I wonder how much weight has been added by the dust piled on top?)
8. Recaro seats (can't find the ones I want in the price I want)

DSCF1934Medium.jpg

DSCF2354Medium.jpg

03 BMW 540i (DD)

1. Ummm paintless dent removal?
2. Sell it?

Lamin-x tinted tails already done (no pics yet)

IMG_0339Medium.jpg

IMG_0305Medium.jpg

She had a busy winter.

NPG BK F&R ss lines
CF Hood
CF trunk
Mirko (Luv ya Greg)
bradness rear control arms

compound & wax today :laugh:

my.php

Coming soon Booooossssst
my.php

Last edited:
threw this pic up in the local chapter the other day.

heres my cougar. other than the seat being out of the car, what you see is what you get. The car still has an ATX so this years aspirations are to finally finish the swap. Can't wait to get her out of the garage and to a few cruise nights

attachment.php

Last edited:
this is my car after a rainy day, I havent had a chance to wash it in over a week :( but it looks good in the pic, I think I am going to shine it up and try for a photoshoot, this pic was taken the day after my suspension install.. Taken from camera phone, im too stingy to buy batteries for my camera, lol.

03-14-09_1145.jpg

Cars look great, guys!:cool:

hey cobrawannabe you should check out focaljet.com for some awsome foci. great site!!

also a link to some of my past foci pics!
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=42638
I am a member of FJ, great site. TNE FTW!! My SN is cobrawannabe cdw27, I joined when I was still driving BubbleSpeed (my Contour).

Got some of the Lamin-X done. Just the eyebrows for now.. I love 'em:drool:. Better pics soon.

EyebrowsBig.jpg

Absolutely! It's the ST model, which stands for....uh..... Sporty:shrug:
:laugh:

It's the ZX4 SY with a 2.3 and 5-speed. It moves out pretty good:cool:

Back