• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My Car vs. Worthless POS

better yet :laugh:.......
roflc.gif

Thats good!

All i gotta say is After i sold my SVT i missed it..Then i got back into another SVT and love every minute of it..I love how all the little punks with there Civics and preludes and cracker jack toys loook at it and keep stareing and then ask me Hey nice ride what kinda body kit is that man..Stock..
Granted its not the fasted car in the world but IMO and many others its a Sexy looking car, And handles great..
When it comes to raceing Ricers or imports i'll always give them a Show.

WHen I had #1108 the import kids thought I had a body on a stock contour... :D element of stupidity ftw.

Now I'm going to own a silver frost one :D, they are panty dropping cars, ladies love anything that has SVT on it.

Yeah, I'm a huge SVT fan and actually had my Cobra make your statement literal :), but I don't see an 8 yr. old SVTC cause women to go wild.
-J

The Intrepid later in its life did get an optional 3.5L good for near 250HP. Same motor as the 300M.

I think they run high 14's, better than 90% of CSVT's.

The W-Body forum I'm a member of because of the Cutlass 'vert I own, has a lot of tactfully pimped out cars on there. GM FWD is definitely not a sports car but they do love there 3.4L DOHC motors and praise the Turbo Grand Prix's even though they are near 20yrs old now.

Let people have fun! They are faster than Civic's, 'rollas and the like.

The Intrepid later in its life did get an optional 3.5L good for near 250HP. Same motor as the 300M.

I think they run high 14's, better than 90% of CSVT's.

The W-Body forum I'm a member of because of the Cutlass 'vert I own, has a lot of tactfully pimped out cars on there. GM FWD is definitely not a sports car but they do love there 3.4L DOHC motors and praise the Turbo Grand Prix's even though they are near 20yrs old now.

Let people have fun! They are faster than Civic's, 'rollas and the like.

97+ W-body's with the Supercharged 3.8L are easy bolt on 13 sec 1/4's, the 3.4 was a pile, most 1st gen W-bodies do the swap to the L67

WHen I had #1108 the import kids thought I had a body on a stock contour... :D element of stupidity ftw.

Now I'm going to own a silver frost one :D, they are panty dropping cars, ladies love anything that has SVT on it.

This is the funniest thing I have read all week. Where do you live? What country?

folks some do not realize the turning capabilities of this platform. try this for size. ground controls and konis and some nice tires equate to a lateral g of 1.13. now you compare that. 95% of cars can't touch that.

folks some do not realize the turning capabilities of this platform. try this for size. ground controls and konis and some nice tires equate to a lateral g of 1.13. now you compare that. 95% of cars can't touch that.

yes, but this is the dyno and drag forum. roadracing has it's own section.

;)

1.13g? are you smoking crack rocks?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:! thats funny. i certainly couldnt tell you what g's i turn at. but FWIW, the turns i make with my ground controls and konis are outright SICK!

A superkart pulls 1.40 Gs

Formula Mazda 1.30

Cwest S2000 racecar 1.15

Miata on slicks w/ aero 1.08

Try and be a little more realistic with your claims there ContourGuy9817

No need to pull 1.13 g anyway. At that level of lateral acceleration, those of us with more than a few years of beer consumption in our past will experience less toned parts of our anatomy migrating sideways at a rate of speed normally reserved for Japanese tourists running to take pictures at Niagara Falls.

No need to pull 1.13 g anyway. At that level of lateral acceleration, those of us with more than a few years of beer consumption in our past will experience less toned parts of our anatomy migrating sideways at a rate of speed normally reserved for Japanese tourists running to take pictures at Niagara Falls.
lmao
i forget, wasnt the svt stock, like close to .9 or something?

Last edited:
lmao
i forget, wasnt is the svt stock, like close to .9 or something?

Would have been close, yes. 0.85 seems to be about right. It's enough to take your coffee out of the cup and deposit it neatly on the rug.

Especially with the POS cup holders we have---even my wife commented on them :nonono: .
-J

Everybody always seems to be beating the drum about the cupholders in these cars. Mine are great. I have the black insert that pops right in and creates two very useful cupholders. I could run Road Atlanta with an iced tea. :cool:

Back