• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My recent projects and soon to be ones

starjammir

Hard-core CEG'er
As some of you know I was building a pole barn with my dad. Well a few weeks ago we got it done. Its 30x40x10 and is my new work space for my contours.
Storage006Medium.jpg

Storage012Medium.jpg

To be cleaned up later with the whole pole barn done with this...for now is my SVT's home...

Storage005Medium.jpg

Also, Sat I got my wheels for the SVT (Thanks Jared and Livinsvt)

Storage007Medium.jpg

Storage008Medium.jpg

HMM what is going in here?

Storage009Medium.jpg

Another Contour I also picked up on Sat. Soon to be my DD in the summer while the SVT will be my weekend/track car.

Storage010Medium.jpg

Storage011Medium.jpg

Not bad for 150 bucks huh?

Lemme know what you think.

$150 with 156K miles, but in great condition... Oh you forgot to mention it doesnt run haha. WE gotta get that timing belt replaced ^.^

Can't wait to see the SVT done ;)

i want those wheels bad! right after my friggin bumper gets fixed

They were in the backseat of my rolla' as I drove up to lapeer, people in SUVs and stuff were like. staring in my back seat as if to think "THOSE will NOT fit on a corolla"

We were going to try and put them on my car, but I dont think one of the bolt patterns on them is 4x100 :(

damn, i want a poll barn.

if the zetec is becoming a daily driver, what will become of the stique?

oh and the wheels look great :D

damn, i want a poll barn.

if the zetec is becoming a daily driver, what will become of the stique?

oh and the wheels look great :D

Thanks LOL, as for the stique, it will most likely just be driven whenever I want to drive it. honestly I have no idea.

does that zetec have an rpm gauge, cus it looks like its a gauge cluster w/out one, and i didnt think they would ever make a mtx car w/out a rpm gauge

From what I have seen no contour zetecs have had tachs just mystiques? Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Was an option, it was rare to get a zetec tour with a tach in any instance MTX or not. Basically if you got a contour "sport" (there were two contour Sports, the SE sport which gave you the SE skirts and V6)with the I4 you got a stiffer suspension and a tach. The tach had a little "4" below the needle in order to distinguish between the V6 and I4 cluster. All mystique I4's did have tachs also I believe. It was to make the car seem more... "Luxerious"

And yes, Many cars with MTX's came without tachs, you don't need to see what RPM you are at to know its time to shift. Most cars just had a shift light that turned on at 3 grand. I installed a tach on my old tour, but I didn't need it because I could hear what RPM I was at and be right within 100-200 rpms.

Bald tires :shocked:

Still wondering whether or not I regret not buying those wheels.. nope :laugh:

Car looks great, I want a pole barn!

I'm speechless right now Bill. I have not found the correct way to describe it yet! Your SVT is perfect man, its got show and go! I will be there SOON to check that **** out in person and hopefully park my car in that barn if theres room :)

Nice stuff you got goin on. If you came out to Brett's you would've been a very short ways from my place, should've swung by.

Hell, I didnt know you moved to Hartland, I would have swung by... You Mexican.

I actually picked up the rims from Livin' SVT, it was my favor to Bill, I was going up to Lapeer this weekend anyways, and since livinsvt's place was on the way up I offered to make a pick up and delivery.

BTW, I LOVE the roads back by the lake :drool: I was having TOO much fun.

"what's going in here?"

well, i know whats going in there, but the fittings are purple. spells ZEX to me, /yuck (inmyhumbleopinion) haha. make sure you get a fuel press. switch if you have a wet kit!

Back