• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I want you to pay me

More pics:

3-6-09005.jpg

3-6-09006.jpg

3-6-09007.jpg

3-6-09008.jpg

Looking at those pics I can just imagine the shananigans that will take place if 3 ninkapoops are blasting at once. The guy on the end will be blasting the windows to scare the :censored::censored::censored::censored: out of the 2 guys on the front. I see alot of replaced windows in the future for that sandblaster. Those hose clamps are gonna have a short lived fate being in that environment. Should have the gloves come to the outside and sandwich them between to rings of steel. That way you can replaces them on the outised and then just puch them in. No need to crawl in and change them and no crudded up hose clamps inside the box.

Last edited:
One gun, not 3

Clamps will be fine and climing in there is easy because it is so big. I know how I would have wanted a cabinet for me, but some of the guys in the shop can't visualize or work without direction, so I have to make it easy and hold their hands :rolleyes:.

They do everything by how we draw/print plans. When we ask them to stray away from that some freak out a little bit. They are structural steel fabricators and everything they do, could kill someone so they just do what we tell them.

They do everything by how we draw/print plans. When we ask them to stray away from that some freak out a little bit. They are structural steel fabricators and everything they do, could kill someone so they just do what we tell them.

Sounds like they don't necessarilly have a clue of what they do. Everything I do can kill or maim someone. But I also overbuild everything out of habit and paranoia.....of the great brute force a hooligan in a forklift can unleash on anything in its path. I also have zero faith in engineers from experience, but I've yet to meet anyone in maintenance that trusts engineers.

Sounds like they don't necessarilly have a clue of what they do. Everything I do can kill or maim someone. But I also overbuild everything out of habit and paranoia.....of the great brute force a hooligan in a forklift can unleash on anything in its path. I also have zero faith in engineers from experience, but I've yet to meet anyone in maintenance that trusts engineers.

What industry has any workers respect the engineers? It is always the architects/engineers fault because "they sit in the office, they don't know what it is really like out here"..... I have been on both ends of the spectrum and honestly the "workers" just cry about dumb :censored::censored::censored::censored: and need to trouble shoot on their own sometimes because the engineers do the best they can without being on the site 24/7.

Joe seriously i've witnessed first hand engineers that can't even read a tape measure. Trust me i can troubleshoot...I'd be out a job if I couldn't.

Oh, I know you can. The guys in the shop here are just complainers and it takes longer to explain what I really want them to do than to just make it an easier way. To be honest, it is really only one guy that can't stray and think on his own. He is the painter here and when he does metal work, he needs a babysitter.
Engineers should be able to read a tape :D, they try to predict it all but that is almost impossible and some things just need to be delt with on site no matter how good the engineer is :rolleyes:. It's all good.

There are engineers that can plan for damn near anything......I think they are alll in japan though. Seriously though the Japanese have some very eliberate ways to go about things. Some of the Machine tools I've worked on had some very clever ways to go about things. Granted they where way way way over engineered. You know how it is at signicast we are constantly changing things for the better. Just sometimes it takes some ass backwards thinking to simplify it.

There are engineers that can plan for damn near anything......I think they are alll in japan though. Seriously though the Japanese have some very eliberate ways to go about things. Some of the Machine tools I've worked on had some very clever ways to go about things. Granted they where way way way over engineered. You know how it is at signicast we are constantly changing things for the better. Just sometimes it takes some ass backwards thinking to simplify it.

I agree :) 100% Tony.

And yes dave, that is Mike Stobb

Back