• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Zuk is starting his 3L swap

Nothing else needs to be done. Did you install a new TOB on the trans? Don't forget the aneorbic gasket maker.

congrats on getting that mount ground down. its a whole lotta grind, check, grind, check.

i pulled my bushing off instead of cutting it flat. This was no easy task but i didnt like the idea of cutting it flat.

[edit] i see you already cut it flush.

Nothing else needs to be done. Did you install a new TOB on the trans? Don't forget the aneorbic gasket maker.

Thanks, and no TOB. The trans was replaced 12k ago and it was replaced then.

Glad nothing else was needed on the bushing. I already have the engine back in the hole :)

utf-8BSU1HMDAwMjQtMjAwOTA1MDQtMTgyM.jpg

congrats on getting that mount ground down. its a whole lotta grind, check, grind, check.

I pulled my bushing off instead of cutting it flat. This was no easy task but i didnt like the idea of cutting it flat.

[edit] i see you already cut it flush.

I tried to pull it for about 10 min, gave up and busted out the cut off wheel.:laugh:

Well this has been a relatively uneventful thread.. Sorry about that kinda, the good part is everything has gone fine thanks to the threads and members on this board.

I turned the key today and it fired right up. Side note; dont forget to reattach the suction line on the PS pump. Man that made one hell of a mess!!

All I have left to do is replace the vac lines that broke upon disassembly and install the IMRC once it gets here. Toss in the Rad, recharge the AC and I'm ready to do the little things like clean it...

Well this has been a relatively uneventful thread.. Sorry about that kinda, the good part is everything has gone fine thanks to the threads and members on this board.

I turned the key today and it fired right up. Side note; dont forget to reattach the suction line on the PS pump. Man that made one hell of a mess!!

All I have left to do is replace the vac lines that broke upon disassembly and install the IMRC once it gets here. Toss in the Rad, recharge the AC and I'm ready to do the little things like clean it...
FWIW, to fix the broken plastic vacuum line on my car I went to a rc hobby shop and got some silicon rc fuel line and used it to splice the broken spot:shrug:

Starting to look more like a car every day..
I was able to get the Rad reinstalled today. Also got the front suspension reassembled and the tires back on.
Ran around it tightening loose stuff, reattached the side skirts in a couple places and started gathering the interior stuff so I can get the doors out back together as well.
getting closer to a test drive.

Anyone know where the fill plug is on the trans? I lost most off the oil when I removed the drivers side axle as expected.

Front of the trans. when you're looking at the engine. Hard to see by looking down. Have to feel for it. Hope the battery is still out so you can fill it easier.

That Allen plug on the front of the trans? I don't have the bumper on it right now so seeing it is easy. :)
Right

Too cool! I was hoping that was the one. Will top it off tomorrow then once the IMRC gets here I can button it all up and go for a drive :)

Took it out for its maiden voyage today :drool:

That was fun.

Right up until I had to back up. There is not diagram on the shifter any longer so I was searching around. My 15 yr old boy figured it out :nonono:

I need a new emblem for that SOB!!!

Going to find some paint tomorrow I guess for the 2 jack pocket covers then find some door speakers and I'm set.

Hey, I followed this all the way through, looks awesome and makes me want to tackle one:laugh:.

Have a few questions for ya:
-Specifically, what engine did you use, taurus, sable escape?
-Did you total all of the parts/ work?
-Did you need a tune for the port-matched?

This can be for anyone to answer
-Is it easier to pull the engine up and out and what should be removed to do this? (I dropped the entire sub-frame on my 95 to replace the motor. I have a lift so raising and lowering the car over the subframe was not an issue)

Hey, I followed this all the way through, looks awesome and makes me want to tackle one:laugh:.

Have a few questions for ya:
-Specifically, what engine did you use, taurus, sable escape?
-Did you total all of the parts/ work?
-Did you need a tune for the port-matched?

This can be for anyone to answer
-Is it easier to pull the engine up and out and what should be removed to do this? (I dropped the entire sub-frame on my 95 to replace the motor. I have a lift so raising and lowering the car over the subframe was not an issue)

Sorry for the slow reply, Ive been way busy.
Engine was an 04 Taurus engine

I have about $250 or so in misc parts on top of the $350 for the engine.
No tune needed when using the SVT intake and doing a port match as to what Ive read.

I pulled it out the top with the trans attached.

Back