• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Going to SPRING ZING ??

I wish I could go this year, what with it being the 10 year anniversary. I was planning to, but my graduation is on the same day. :( / :D

I wish I could go this year, what with it being the 10 year anniversary. I was planning to, but my graduation is on the same day.
that's exactly what prevented me going in '06. Still not sure why SZ is always college-student unfriendly (excepting all locals).

I'll be going, given tragedy/etc does not strike.

that's exactly what prevented me going in '06. Still not sure why SZ is always college-student unfriendly (excepting all locals).

I'll be going, given tragedy/etc does not strike.

Yeah I'm still kinda curious. You'd think for the 10th anniversary, seeing as there sooo many active college users now (like myself), that we'd want maximum attendace and thus push it back a week to Memorial Day. But I guess not. So I'm not going :nonono:

Yeah I'm still kinda curious. You'd think for the 10th anniversary, seeing as there sooo many active college users now (like myself), that we'd want maximum attendace and thus push it back a week to Memorial Day. But I guess not. So I'm not going :nonono:

I think if they push it back it interferes with carlisle or something.

would you really want to make that drive on memorial day weekend. that would suck! plus people normally have other plans. I had to wait until I was done with school also ....

I want to go, should be able to make it happen.

I think if they push it back it interferes with carlisle or something.

that's precisely it.
Spring erupts into a frenzy of car related events, especially in the areas where SZ is hosted.
Carlisle is one of the bigger ones, but there are plenty of other events that go on, and booking hotels and our own racing/dyno/drag events is best done on the dates that SZ falls on every year.
This gets explained to the college wah-wah crowd every year, but they insist on still crying about it, rather than try to reschedule their final exams.

Try organizing an event as large as SZ (especially with some of the stuff that Mark always pulls out of his sleeves each time he is the organizer) and see how easy it is for you to please everyone.
Frankly, after last year's b/s drama, I'm glad some of the college crowd can't make it this year. :nonono:

Who the hell knows.
If she does, nobody better be calling Ian every 5 minutes to report her every move or I'm gonna go postal.

Who the hell knows.
If she does, nobody better be calling Ian every 5 minutes to report her every move or I'm gonna go postal.

Shut it. I don't give a crap about her anymore lol. A tiny part of me hopes she goes just so she can make an even bigger laughingstock of Jared, but I'm pretty sure she's not going.

Not gonna be able to make it. I'm in charge of Prom again (May 22), and just won't have the $$ to make it happen. I will be at Carlisle, though. :laugh:

do a tag search for "all ford nationals"

its a weekend long ford only car shop, swap meet and events. first weekend in june and CEG has a good turnout every year. you could call it a mini SZ if you wanted.

i googled it and was thinking of going down there for one weekend with a friend and his "sweet" saab he got ripped off on... i dont remember which one. Maybe ill take the model A down there if my dad lets me borrow the truck/trailer/car or comes with me for the weekend. maybe we will bring both, model a and contour, if my dad has the time?

Is CEG a registered group there or just whats the deal with that?

Back