• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Local Classifieds.

anyone with a 3L engine ready to be swapped in?

Or a spare 2.5L SVT engine?

I basically need a new engine in my SVT. I've looked at several options. A remanufactured engine is gonna run me just over 3k. A 3L from 3lduratec.com is gonna be a bit lower than that.

I'm just trying to see if I can get something done for cheaper.

Things I have for sale:

-CTA intake for an I4 (used for less than a year)
-near new spark plug wires for I4
-brand new still in box oil pan for I4
-maybe a couple random other things
-near new battery (used for less than a year)

I gave the car away to a charity but kept these things.
I'd rather sell it all to one person, but I'm willing to split it up if necessary.
PM me if you want to buy and give me a reasonable price and it's yours.

Sean

1998 CSVT for sale...

1998 CSVT for sale...

It has come time to part with my 98 Frost Silver CSVT with 149,700km. Build number 3973 of 6536.

I'm sure you guys know all the details on the car itself so i'll tell you about the particulars.

I think most importantly the car has only been driven 1 winter (this last year), and it was Krown rust proofed before hand. Mod wise it has Koni adjustable struts, intake, Superchip, cross drilled rotors, 17" MasItaly rims with new Toyo Garit performance winter tires, new Bridgestone Fusion ZRi performance summer tires (not mounted), Pioneer CD and speakers (car is prewired for subs). The car has only ever had synthetic oil.

Everything is in excellent condition. Body is free of major dings, no rust (obviously), the leather is perfect with very little wear, interior is pretty much perfect.

Mechanically the car is perfect. In the 6 years I have owned it, it has ran flawlessly. The only work that has been done on it has been the normal Contour stuff: a wheel bearing, new front control arms (8000km ago), and a new power steering pump last month.

I am really sad to have to let the car go, but i'm looking for a larger car with AWD so i'm thinking about an Audi A6 2.7t.

Pics can be viewed at http://smtp.lawrynowicz.com/images/svt

Asking $6500.

PM me or email at npayeur @hotmail.com

E1's or whatever?

E1's or whatever?

Wouldnt mind an extra set of E1's or whatever, let me know what ya got. Cheers,
Keith

SF SVT Side skirts.

SF SVT Side skirts.

Potentially have a set of 99 SVT SF side skirts, anyone interested, lookin for trades here, but if you got cash, thats cool 2.
Cheers,
Keith

LIMITED PRODUCTION BUILD #947 OF 2760 (about 9200 total ever built over 3 years)
FACTORY TUNED 200hp 2.5L V6 w/ 5sp
I have all original production documentation and also all maintenance documentation
No modifications car is all original
93,200kms
NEVER WINTER DRIVEN
ALWAYS GARAGE KEPT AND STORED
BLACK EXTERIOR W/ PRAIRIE TAN INTERIOR
DUNLOP FM 901 TIRES
OIL CHANGED EVERY 5000KMS WITH FULL SYNTHETIC OIL ONLY (MOBIL 1 OR CASTROL SYNTEC AND MOBIL 1 FILTERS ONLY)
ALL ROUTINE MANTENANCE HAS BEEN DONE ON OR AHEAD OF SCHEDULE
ALIGNMENT DONE @62,900
TRANSMISSION FLUID CHANGED @ 66,656 KMS (REDLINE MTL SYNTHETIC) AND @ 86,620 KMS (ROYAL PURPLE SYNCHROMAX)
BRAKE FLUID CHANGED @ 69,221 (VALVOLINE DOT 3) AND @ 86,620 KMS (SUPERBLUE DOT 4)
NEW FRONT BRAKE PADS @ 86,620 (CARBOTECH 1521 STREET PADS)
COOLANT REPLACED @ 69,221 KMS W/ 5 YEAR DEXCOOL
TIRES ROTATED AND BRAKE GUIDE PINS LUBED YEARLY
SOLD SAFTIED AND E-TESTED
PLEASE CALL FOR ANY ADDITIONAL INFO or email for pics.
DAN (519-676-1886)
dandoddy@hotmail.com
$8500 o.b.o.

located outside of Chatham.

thanks
dan

WTB: Post-98 Hood

WTB: Post-98 Hood

My hood is screwed, so im looking at Carbon Fibre hoods? If you have anything shoot me a PM, if not, a straight black hood is also fine, or even a good condition pacific green one. Also looking for spoiler-less pacific green trunlid in good shape.

Sean

Last edited:
WTB: Duratec 2.5 Oil Pan

WTB: Duratec 2.5 Oil Pan

Still looking for a decent 2.5L oil pan w/ good drain hole/plug.

WTB: SVT Cams & SVT TB

WTB: SVT Cams & SVT TB

Hey, looking for a set of SVT Cams and a SVT TB with bracket. I have 2 spare SVT UIM's for sale/trade.

Scott

Get back to me, I think I can help you out, I have 2 complete SVT engines that I can part out. Cheers,
Keith

FS: CTA intake

FS: CTA intake

Hey everyone,
Everything is for a 4 cylinder Contour.

The following is for sale for $100 firm for everything below:
1. CTA intake
2. brand new oil pan
3. hanes manual
4. brand new motomaster oil filter from a Ford dealer

PM me if you are interested.

Hey everyone,
Everything is for a 4 cylinder Contour.

The following is for sale for $100 firm for everything below:
1. CTA intake
2. brand new oil pan
3. hanes manual
4. brand new motormaster oil filters from a Ford dealer for a year

PM me if you are interested.

I'll take all the above if my conditions are met....

If not...no dice :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

still surprised the intake did NOT go. too bad mtx and atx have different oil pans, I might've needed one( rust bubbles on the outside already :nonono: )

Cheers

Last edited:
rims

rims

I got all four stock steel rims, with crappy tires on them...I just need to get rid of them. Come and pick them up because they're free.

only have 3 cover caps

Wanted - front brake abs sensor

Wanted - front brake abs sensor

Hey everyone. I'm looking for a front abs sensor for my '99 SVT. I'm guessing this is the issue but don't want to spend the $ at the dealership to find out. Anyone got one they can part with for reasonable $'s?

looking for a muffler system

looking for a muffler system

looking for a muffler system not picky on the kind or make just want 4" tips pm me your offer with price and pictures if possible thanks

Might be a long shot, but i am trying to find one of those conversion kits for a 98 Taurus. The one where it takes that stupid oval design and gives you a DIN spot for a normal cd player. I know I can find these on the net for a pretty pricey amount, so hoping to find one used here.

Give me a shout if you got one or know somewhere I can get one cheaper.

Back