• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The reason behind SVT_Sanctuary

SVT_Sanctuary

CEG'er
Here are just a couple of pics of the cars in my family. The SVTF is my daily driver and the Terminator is my dad's tractionless daily driver. The SVTF has gone through some major changes throughout the years, so it looks different now than in these pictures to follow. Here they are:

The SVTF and the Cobra
102_0751.jpg

Another pic of the Cobra
212297190_706907471_0.jpg

This is an older pic of the SVTF when it just had wheels on it
215348053_717567374_0.jpg

Another old pic when I had graphite painted CSVT wheels on it
102_0889.jpg

I do have updated pics of the SVTF, but I just haven't downloaded them. To give you an idea of how it looks now, mods are as follows:

~new black housing SVT headlights w/6000k HIDs
~OEM style CF hood
~ST170 grille
~yellow fog bulbs w/parking light mod
~Dark Argent Euro SVT wheels w/General Exclaim UHP tires
~CF RS wing
~HKS Hi-Power cat-back exhaust
~Eibach/Steeda suspension
~custom "cold air / short ram" intake
~Livewires and Screamin Demon ignition
~Steeda STS
~CF rear deck cover
~35% tint
~front and rear strut bars

The mods for the Cobra are few, but still worth the mention.

~K&N short ram intake
~MAC STS
~Eibach springs
~Koni struts
~Flowmaster one chamber mufflers, custom X-pipe, two deleted cats
~custom black out COBRA lettering on the rear bumper
~Nitto NT-555R rear tires <~~~~~These tires suck and should never be purchased!!!!!

The mods for the Cobra are few, but still worth the mention.

~K&N short ram intake
~MAC STS
~Eibach springs
~Koni struts
~Flowmaster one chamber mufflers, custom X-pipe, two deleted cats
~custom black out COBRA lettering on the rear bumper
~Nitto NT-555R rear tires <~~~~~These tires suck and should never be purchased!!!!!

The 555R's are a drag radial, no?

If so your dad should have no issue with just an intake and exhaust on the car.

What size tires?

your dad is 1000x cooler than my dad :blackeye:

its cool when a dad has a cool car but your dad has a terminator, not a corvette or porsche like every other mid-life crisis sufferer. the svtf is cool as hell too :cool:

smart family right there.

wait. i just went back and looked again. get those contour wheels off of that focus right NOW!

I actually liked those wheels. I have Euro SVT wheels on it now. The Cobra has 285/40-17 Nitto 555R tires on them. They may actually be just the regular 555s and not the 555Rs. He spun out on an off ramp and ran into a pole and wasn't even going that fast. They have never been good for wet traction anyways. He bought them because they were recommended by a member of the car club he used to be in. Its okay though. Alan Vigil Ford down here did an excellent job repairing it; we even got a new Fluidyne heat exchanger out of it. I will try to get a video of it so you can hear it. It is pretty loud. It's even louder since the last time you saw it at our meet, Ryan.

The 555R's are a drag radial, no?

If so your dad should have no issue with just an intake and exhaust on the car.

What size tires?

The problem we are having with it is when we bought it, the previous owner had something done to it so when you get on it real hard, the stock boost gauge will actually quit working momentarily. Another thing is I outran a stock ZO6 (circa 2003) and my dad barely got away from a supercharged C7. I don't recall a stock Terminator doing anything of that sort. I may be wrong, but I have never heard of it.

If I had $1600 I would. Actually, I can buy the Ford HID housings from Certi-Fit for $123 a piece, so I will be going that route and adapting the HIDs I have now to them. Slightly weird, but will work.

I have already found a comapny that sells that hood and also the CF trunk, so Ryan, you may be getting your CF trunk back. Just have to see if that thing is available. Unless someone on here wants to sell me their CF cowl hood.:laugh:

Hmmmmm... I wonder which CSVT he's buying???:laugh:

Put a Mirko on your new purchase, and restore it back to it's CF hood glory!!!:cool:

There will be a Mirko put on it w/ an attached CF diffuser "skid plate" on the bottom of it, as well as CF side skirt diffusers. That car will have more CF than I will know what to do with.:shocked::drool:

I already said which one he is buying:shrug:
I don't like you... What with your little Irish wise-ass remarks and your whole pointing out that I say the obvious and such.

Sanctuary... I can't wait 'till it's done! You've got a real keeper on your hands. Ryan's pampered that car...Sorta:laugh:

I don't like you... What with your little Irish wise-ass remarks and your whole pointing out that I say the obvious and such.

Sanctuary... I can't wait 'till it's done! You've got a real keeper on your hands. Ryan's pampered that car...Sorta:laugh:

Yeah yeah you shut your mouth while you are typing to me:laugh:

Back