• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Guess what I picked up

Glad it is ok. Working the bugs out is sometimes harder than the actual swap.... did you ever get that sideskirt on?

Yup, got the side skirt on. Charged my A/C today. It's so cold when I lowered the windows all the glass fogged over :).

The shop has a new line of car care products. We're going to do a before and after with the SVT to promote the products. Waiting to install my new wheels till then.

OK some quick before and after pics. The SVT was detailed with our shops new line of car care products:
http://www.rt66parts.com/

Before
3635668da56b__1243673901000.jpg

After:
105_0054.jpg

I'll do a write up when I get some time.

Looks amazing! Can't believe you don't have an exhaust on it with all the go parts. I have an awesome one off rkneeshaws car for sale soon. Best exhaust I've heard. All mandrel bent stainless with 2.5 tubing. Magnaflow mufflers. Very tame so the wife won't kill you. Give you a very very good price.

Looks amazing! Can't believe you don't have an exhaust on it with all the go parts. I have an awesome one off rkneeshaws car for sale soon. Best exhaust I've heard. All mandrel bent stainless with 2.5 tubing. Magnaflow mufflers. Very tame so the wife won't kill you. Give you a very very good price.

I've spent so much on it already. I just bought some eibach springs for it. I really have to stop. If anything I'll gut out a set of cats. I did it to my last CSVT.

After all the money I spent on both the Impala and SVT...I'm scared to sleep at night. Since shes a nurse she'd make it look like an accedent then collect the insurance money.

Come to think of it. I still have the stock air cleaner system on it.

Just an update. Well, I've had a suspesion/wheel vibration since the car was finished. Seems to be in the right front corner. I thought that maybe it was the Blizzacs tires and wheels that it had on it. When I changed over to the 18" it felt worse. At 80 mph it feels like the car going to shake itself apart. My 67 Impala has less vibrations at that speed. Since the CVJ axle was replaced when I did the conversion I moved on to other possibilites. The wheel bearings were starting to growl and I had a set of Eibach springs that needed to be installed. I tore down the suspesion last week and had the front bearings replaced. I did not buy new hubs. My thoughts were to sandblast the hubs and paint them. On the right side I found a lose balljoint. Thats my problem!! Nope, not so fast. So now I replaced both balljoints, bearings and installed new springs. Threw everything back together and have it aligned. Took it for a test ride...guess what the vibration is worse now. Feels like a bent wheel. I took all the wheels off to have them balanced again. I asked the guy if any wheels were bent. Nope, all in good shape. Tossed everything back together again..samething. Now I hear a crackleing sound from that wheel. Tomorrow I'll remove the CVJ and take it back to Napa. So much for getting the "Good stuff".:shrug:. I hope that what it is, I'm running out of parts to replace.:mad:

PS: The wife just got off the phone with my father inlaw. I replaced a fuel pump on a Sable for him as a favor......now it leaks when full. Gasket I'm sure. Just batting a 1000 lately. Atleast the Bears WON!!!!

Yeah, you are running out of things to replace.... Doesn't sound like anything major, just annoying :D.

Good luck, and I just wanted to comment on how this car looks in person..... :drool: - absouloutly perfect IMO. Nice job.

Back