• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

CT Auto Scene

cobrawannabe

Addicted CEG'er
It's a new forum that's looking for new members. Most of them are muscle car and Evo guys, but they're all really cool. I introduced myself back when I was driving the Contour, and I got nothing but positive reactions from them all, so they have passed test #1 haha. The forum layout and section names are pretty cool, but it does require reading the descriptions for a while so you know what they all mean at times.

I'd suggest it, as I am currently one of three or four FocalJet members who are active on the site. And for all who are intereted, I have already started a "Used Car Finds"-type thread. :cool:

www.ctautoscene.com

wondering if this was like ctunderground. that forum didn't last long...
Nah. It's gaining alot of new members, and it seems to be a different atmosphere. Streetracing is pretty frowned upon, and it's definately a more mature group. If they were a bunch of youg douchers such as myself, both of my cars would have been bashed:shrug:

Nah. It's gaining alot of new members, and it seems to be a different atmosphere. Streetracing is pretty frowned upon, and it's definately a more mature group. If they were a bunch of your douchers such as myself, both of my cars would have been bashed:shrug:

I'm having a bit of trouble with your wording there; it doesn't create the most flattering commentary for you.

I've always had a hard time getting into the local car forums. They are typically a waste of time and don't last that long. Most don't even talk about cars, mainly because everyone has a different car and the modifications or maintenence don't apply to anyone but yourself.

If you say it's a more mature group, I'll probably check it out. I got sick of forums with annoying kids. Even the IS forums got on my nerves. I would have never expected it from a Lexus forum.

that's because people that drive lexuses and are "mature" probably don't know what a forum is (present company excluded :laugh:) Srsly though, I've come across threads on various luxury car forums and I noticed the same thing. I think you end up with young people with nice cars who have an absurd arrogance about them. Whereas on our forum, I think we are more self aware(most of us anyway) of the faults and qualities of our vehicles which makes it seem more mature.

The only general forum I'm on is the uconn one because I still know alot of the guys from school. It's a bit refreshing to see stuff about other cars.

If I see one more 50 image pic post expose' about a stock contour, my head may explode lol

Back