• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Almost got arrested for drug trafficing last night in West Hartford!

hotdimmes

Hard-core CEG'er
preface: I wasn't selling drugs!!

I was at a buddy's house in WH playing poker. We go to our cars and pull up oppositely of another girl to square away some debt. We make jokes about how it looks like a drug deal. 10 seconds after driving off, we have a tail! Follows us for 5 minutes, eventually pulls on our left, see's no seatbelt on the driver and flips the lights! Cop takes all 3 of our ID's which we thought was weird for a seatbelt violation. Lots of flashlights pointing inside the car. Asks if we'd been drinking (thank god we very unusually didnt!) Then the cop notices white powder on my GF's seat/door panel. Asks what the white substance is. Of course my gf puts baby powder in her hair to soak up oils. So that wasn't too akward explaining :blackeye:. Asks why we were parked next to that other car earlier, we explain we were playing poker at our friends house who's address number neither of us knew:blackeye::blackeye:. Asks where we live and if that's our permanent residence, to which I respond "sort of" and almost had to explain my life goals because I'm retarded. After we realized what was going on, we kept laughing which certainly didn't help our cause.

summary: Looked like we were dealing drugs, cop found out we weren't, let us off with a seatbelt warning. phew! It was just so ridiculous that I felt like sharing. :cool:

hahahha d'oh!
I hate it when a simple answer isn't going to be enough, so you have to go into more detail than you want to.

love it when that stuff happens....ok not really.
i can't get the Lowell police to come down my street never mind getting them to stop the kid from doing full blown drug deals in front of my house in broad daylight.

yet, when i was in high school a buddy of mine came into the parking lot of the star market we worked at. a couple of us were outside and he pulls up in his mustang with another guy int he passenger seat.
we stand there for a few talking to them.
well, they left and got pulled over, cuffed and had the car searched for drugs.
these two guys wouldn't even touch cough medicine, never mind street drugs. all because someone saw us talking and called in a drug deal to the police.

It you didn't rice out the SE that wouldn't of happened. You need something more inconspicuous for drug deals. :laugh: I keed, I keed.

Ever get pulled over and ticketed as a passenger? :laugh: My buddy got pulled over when I was riding as a passenger in his car. No one else got anything, and I was handed a ticket for no seatbelt. :rolleyes: :shrug:

Ever get pulled over and ticketed as a passenger? :laugh: My buddy got pulled over when I was riding as a passenger in his car. No one else got anything, and I was handed a ticket for no seatbelt. :rolleyes: :shrug:

Wow that's weird. I thought they always ticketed the driver since it's his responsibility to not drive unless everyone is seatbelted.

Wow that's weird. I thought they always ticketed the driver since it's his responsibility to not drive unless everyone is seatbelted.

It's the drivers responsibility until the passenger turns 18, or maybe it's 16. Then the passenger is responsible and can be ticketed. It's just pretty rare to see someone pulled over just to ticket a passenger for no seatbelt.

It's the drivers responsibility until the passenger turns 18, or maybe it's 16. Then the passenger is responsible and can be ticketed. It's just pretty rare to see someone pulled over just to ticket a passenger for no seatbelt.

It was my understanding that the seatbelt could only be a secondary violation? Maybe that's a MA law, though.

Yes, in CT it is a primary law. Just like the cell phone law. All these feel good do nothing but restrict freedom laws.

NH doesn't have seat belt laws ... makes me happy. Though I wear my own at all times, it is one less BS reason for an officer to pull you over. When I have been pulled over, I always immediately unbuckle out of nervousness and forget that the officer may not have seen me buckled.

They should be made available in cars and promoted, but I don't see a reason it should be a requirement. Unlike cell phones / smoking / eating / etc., it does not affect your driving ability nor infringe on the rights of others.

Last edited:
NH doesn't have seat belt laws ... makes me happy. Though I wear my own at all times, it is one less BS reason for an officer to pull you over.

They should be made available in cars and promoted, but I don't see a reason it should be a requirement. Unlike cell phones / smoking / eating / etc., it does not affect your driving ability nor infringe on the rights of others.

I agree 100%. I wear my seatbelt at all times on my own, but there is times when I forget. I am human after all. My friends car is a 2 door Accord, and I unbuckled to let passengers into the rear seat. When I put the seat back, I just forgot to reach around and buckle back up. The one time I don't have it on, is the one time a cop happens to notice.

It should be a decision for the driver/passenger and not the law.

I think the way some states see it is this:
Suicide, aka killing yourself, = illegal
Driving with no seatbelt = attempt at suicide, therefore illegal.

Wow, don't even get me going on drug trafficing...

Thats a good story, pretty entertaining. Its funny how cops look at you weird when you start laughing and they're trying to be completely serious. Yah, sometimes, it doesn't go over very well.

When we went to the beach last year, we got there at about 6 a.m., pulled up to a metered spot and were waiting for the rest of the family to show up. My wife gets us some croissants (?) for breakfast. Cool, right? Except I'm diabetic, thus needed to take a shot of insulin. OK, cool, take shot, eat, then lean seat back and nap, as we had been driving all night, and my parents won't be there for a couple hours.
Next thing I know, a Delaware State Trooper is knocking on the window, asking me what I was doing. "Ummmm...I was sleeping?", I say. He asks if I'm ok, and now I'm really confused. He proceedes to ask Tammy and me various questions, none of which are making any sense to me. He ends with saying no one is allowed to sleep in their car. (Meanwhile, about 5 other cars have sleeping people in them right next to us).
It wasn't till after the cops left that I figured out that someone must have seen my insulin shot and thought I'd OD'd. Very bizarre experience, though.

NH doesn't have seat belt laws ... makes me happy. Though I wear my own at all times, it is one less BS reason for an officer to pull you over. When I have been pulled over, I always immediately unbuckle out of nervousness and forget that the officer may not have seen me buckled.

I wear my seat belt, too, but I've never believed that there should be a law requiring it. Johnny Law and big government don't need to be sticking their noses into your car. Talking on the cell phone without a headset strikes me as generally foolish, and I see far too many boobs on the road focusing more on the telephone than the operation of the car. Smoking, however, does not create an issue behind the wheel, unless you drop the cigarette on your crotch, in which case it could.

preface: I wasn't selling drugs!!

I was at a buddy's house in WH playing poker. We go to our cars and pull up oppositely of another girl to square away some debt. We make jokes about how it looks like a drug deal. 10 seconds after driving off, we have a tail! Follows us for 5 minutes, eventually pulls on our left, see's no seatbelt on the driver and flips the lights! Cop takes all 3 of our ID's which we thought was weird for a seatbelt violation. Lots of flashlights pointing inside the car. Asks if we'd been drinking (thank god we very unusually didnt!) Then the cop notices white powder on my GF's seat/door panel. Asks what the white substance is. Of course my gf puts baby powder in her hair to soak up oils. So that wasn't too akward explaining :blackeye:. Asks why we were parked next to that other car earlier, we explain we were playing poker at our friends house who's address number neither of us knew:blackeye::blackeye:. Asks where we live and if that's our permanent residence, to which I respond "sort of" and almost had to explain my life goals because I'm retarded. After we realized what was going on, we kept laughing which certainly didn't help our cause.

summary: Looked like we were dealing drugs, cop found out we weren't, let us off with a seatbelt warning. phew! It was just so ridiculous that I felt like sharing. :cool:

Here's another experience with WH cops:

I got pulled over....when asked for registration I took off my seatbelt in front of the cops to reach it.....after 10 mins or so I got a ticket for no seatbelt......I politely objected and pointed out that my left arm was still looped under the seatbelt.....they stammered and then got kinda mad and then laughed and said they both saw me without a belt....

Wow, don't even get me going on drug trafficing...

Thats a good story, pretty entertaining. Its funny how cops look at you weird when you start laughing and they're trying to be completely serious. Yah, sometimes, it doesn't go over very well.

Speaking of cops...how has your situation gone? Hopefully Ok...

I've seen what happens responding to car accidents in an ambulance when people do and do not wear a belt. In really bad, high speed head-ons, the worst I've seen with someone wearing a seatbelt was a really nasty bruise in the shape of the seatbelt. Not wearing one... having their head implode and/or explode.

Back