• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Turbo pics

2kSVT

CEG'er
I would like to thank everyone who helped, or sold me parts. Thanks to Pudmunkie for the turbo kit. A big thanks to Rawburt, for coming down and leading the install. And Joey, what has not been said about this guy. He diagnosed problems in this car from like 2000 miles away. It is running good and holding 8# of boost. It comes on with almost no lag. I have a manual boost controller in the mail right now. I am anxious to see what 10# feels like. On with the pics. I think I spent close to 4k all together, but it makes me smile everytime I get in it!
100_3503.jpg

100_3510.jpg

100_3512.jpg

100_3513.jpg

100_3514.jpg

The money shot
100_3517.jpg

100_3518.jpg

100_3519.jpg

The vacuum hoses will be re-run and hidden
100_3520.jpg

Just out of curiosity could you post pics inside the cowl where all the wiring is coming into the engine bay.. I want to see how you routed everything because Im doing the same thing with a different turbo.

Just out of curiosity could you post pics inside the cowl where all the wiring is coming into the engine bay.. I want to see how you routed everything because Im doing the same thing with a different turbo.

There are holes with rubber grommets in them on the driver side. Just pull the cowl and you should be able to see them. The one inside should line up about the middle of the driver. The one coming into the engine bay is more toward the fender.

BTW I like the car but not a fan of the 90's cell antenna. Been a long time since I've seen one of those on a car.

Todd, the antenna was on the car when I bought it. I tried to take it off once, but there was some crazy glue underneath. I may take it off, but I have just gotten used to it.

I used the grommet near the fender. I taped the wires/boost guage tubing to a stiff coat hanger and feed it through the hole. There is some tough paper like liner on the inside of the car under the dash. You have to poke a hole in that. You can shine a flashlight through the black vent below the wipers and see when you are in line to hit the grommet or the hole going into the car.

It pulls really good now, but should turn into a beast when I turn it up to 10#! I'm down for an Ohio meet. Heck it was like 70 degrees today!

Rod

The antenna was up because I was running out of daylight and trying to hit a few locations, and had the car running. Yeah, I live in Dayton.

Some radio antennas dont go down when the radio is off. I.e. my SVT with stock headunit. However my 00 SVT with stock head unit the radio antenna does go down when the power is turned off. itll remain a mystery for ever.

Is the stupid antenna really worth talking about? Don't look at the D@mn antenna...look at the freakin turbo!!

Rod

Is the stupid antenna really worth talking about? Don't look at the D@mn antenna...look at the freakin turbo!!

Rod

yeah but in that photo you can't see the turbo .... all they are saying is the antenna takes away from a great photo of a good looking car. that is all...

Yeah, we wouldn't want you to give a compliment. The last time I posted a pic, you had nothing nice to say...bumper sag, leaves in the grill, hate the wheels,SVT on door is dumb, etc. I was borrowing a better camera than I currently own, and running out of daylight. I will make sure to have the antenna down the next time.

Rod

Back