• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Look what i found....

Im not sure how rare it is, but I have yet to see a 98+ with anything hanging below the radio ...
CIMG0108-1.jpg

But today while playing in the junk yard i found this...

CIMG0106.jpg

CIMG0110.jpg

CIMG0111.jpg

CIMG0112.jpg

if you see that little curve on the left side id say something else hung there for a cig lighter and an ash tray tin missing from the right... but i guess you can put anything in there

yeah its gotta be an ash tray. I never really understood ash trays in cars. i have never seen anyone use it. well i used mine in my old car when it was like -40* out and didn't want to open the window.

yes but the ash tray that came with the car is in the shape of the cup holder and had a lid on it. this way you could put it where you wanted, ie in any of the three (or 2 if you have a svt) cupholder.

yeah its gotta be an ash tray. I never really understood ash trays in cars. i have never seen anyone use it. well i used mine in my old car when it was like -40* out and didn't want to open the window.

I wish more people WOULD use theirs, rather than throw their friggin butts out the window all the time :mad:

I wish more people WOULD use theirs, rather than throw their friggin butts out the window all the time :mad:

I know what you mean. when i cig hits your windshield on the freeway it looks like an explosion. For what its worth i not longer smoke in my car. I got sick of cleaning the soot off the leather.

Why not just do what we do here....field strip your cigs....then you can dispose of the "stripped" butts accordingly...

So what do you mean by this? i know the butts take like 100 years to degrade. or i just burn them in a camp fire.

this...

this...

You knock the "head" or "cherry" off the butt with your finger, roll/squeeze out whatever tobacco is left in it, and then dispose of the filter in the trash....Field Stripped....

I usually just throw mine out, but away from the car so they don't hit the car behind me. Or I wait until there is enough room behind me so I won't. That is if I am on the highway, on regular roads I wait till I stop. I can't use ashtrays in the car, I always miss because of where the cup holders are in the Post-98. In any car really I can't use it, it's too small and ash goes everywhere in the car. Though when I flick ash off out of the window it sometimes blows back in which makes the whole ordeal frustrating.

Why not just do what we do here....field strip your cigs....then you can dispose of the "stripped" butts accordingly...

I am a fan of this method. I do it when golfing so that I don't throw stuff on the course.

stop smoking and drive

well it technically illegal here in CT. it was part of the no cell phones while driving law that went into effect. however no one noted or cared about all the other things like eating, etc. Just complained about cell phones ....

Thank you for the helpful comment.

Nice one.

I am going to smoke my cigarette in my car. I don't need to take my eyes off the road to do it and I can throw it out if I don't want to deal with holding it between my lips while making turns, etc. I am not talking to anyone, I am not distracted, and I don't light a cigarette when I am near anyone on the highway and I wait till a stop light/sign on regular roads.

Back