• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Got to try the tranny flusher

jd2-98s

Veteran CEG'er
It's like a fisher price version of a tranny flush but the darn thing worked good. I brought it to work to do a Carravan that blew out the cooling lines inside the radiator. Both coolant and tranny fluid looked like strawberry milk. After replaceing the radiator and flushing the coolant in the engine, did the tranny flush and it cleaned up very nice. A couple of days later did the contour and have nice red fluid now.

Got a candy purple power coated valve cover to put on now... And going to do the front swaybar bushings. I don't think I'll ever get rid of her. Filled it up with 87 and drove it grandmom style and got 376 miles to one tank. Not too bad I guess.

Sounds like a good tool to have... What kind is it? and how much would one be?

I've been keeping my eye open for something like this to make ATX tranny fluid drains and fills much easier!

Sounds like a good tool to have... What kind is it? and how much would one be?

I've been keeping my eye open for something like this to make ATX tranny fluid drains and fills much easier!

This is the Harbor Freight Tranny Flusher it cost me 400.00 plus shipping threw ebay. The high end models go for about 3000.00.

Yeah, I buy from Harbor freight all the time, we have a store ten minutes from me... and I get catalogs once a week! :)

Some of there stuff isn't too bad. I was impressed on what it did with the caravan. Boss kicked me 25 bucks for using it, plus did my own flush so figure it's almost half paid for it's self. Most dealers want 160-190 to flush a tranny. But on the other hand I do not let anyone touch my baby. :)

Its a good idea to get the cleaner as well. I picked up some for about 7 bucks. After you connect the machine to the car you inject the cleaner. Then run it on a closed loop for about 5 mins then go into flush.

Back