• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

TireRack.com - 16" Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3 Starting @ $56ea

how would it be having only 2 of these and a "lesser" pair on the opposing end?

Well besides your speedo being off I wouldnt see any problem with it. I used to run both my Mazdas with a high performance summer tires on the front that I'd buy and whatever tires my Falken contact could get me for free.

if the sizes are different enough they abs system might get screwed and turn the light on therefore turning the system off

if the sizes are different enough they abs system might get screwed and turn the light on therefore turning the system off

really?? :confused:

my abs light is on on my truck. ive got a staggered set up on it. someone told me to just clean the sensors..:help:

really?? :confused:

my abs light is on on my truck. ive got a staggered set up on it. someone told me to just clean the sensors..:help:

well you know how the abs will turn on when the vehicle is on the dyno? same type of idea I do beleive. I believe the abs system is monitoring the rate at which the wheel is turning. so when it sees that a wheel isn't turning and say the other three are it knows to apply the abs. now since it is measuring wheel speed there will be a difference if the front and rear tires are a different size. I am guessing this could throw the abs off and trip the system. something to look into.

I am guessing this could throw the abs off and trip the system. something to look into.
Just to back this up, he's correct. The PCM DOES expect to see the same wheel speed at all four corners when the vehicle is moving. There IS a tolerance for such things as cornering and tire wear but it's not typically large enough to be able to get away with running mismatched wheel-tire sizes.

really?? :confused: my abs light is on on my truck. ive got a staggered set up on it. someone told me to just clean the sensors..:help:
Unfortunately, the someone in this case, is apparently retarded. :laugh: Seriously though, it IS possible that cleaning a sensor could help... but it's a very rare occurrence typically accompanied by very specific circumstances.

Sale over but good service still

Sale over but good service still

Wish I monitored the forums more often for that awesome price. I ordered a set of these about a month ago, and it's back up to the $120 range for stock 16" size.

Last weekend, I finally got around to putting them out in my shed (still another month before I'll switch to the summers) and noticed the date - I could only see date stamp on two of the tires (they only stamp one side of the tire and the other two were strapped together with that stamped side to the inside) and they were both dated 0705 - meaning they were over 4 years old already. I broke the ties on the other two tires - one is dated 1105 and the other 4207 (so one is not that old). Since I moved, I'm putting less than 8k / year on my SVT, and of that, about 3k is on the winter set. I called up Tire Rack today to see what they could do, as I was worried about dry-rotting out these tires (don't have a garage) and the woman at customer service is sending me 3 new tires and taking the 3 old ones back, no argument. In fact, she could see in the computer system the date on the tires. She noted that the last 4 sets sold were all from 05 and they didn't return them. I told her that I am much more anal-retentive than most of their customers. She laughed and said they have a lot of "very observant" customers.

My $0.02 on the great customer service of Tire Rack. And I should peruse the forums once again more often; not just when I have to research CEL codes. :blackeye:

Wish I monitored the forums more often for that awesome price. I ordered a set of these about a month ago, and it's back up to the $120 range for stock 16" size.

Last weekend, I finally got around to putting them out in my shed (still another month before I'll switch to the summers) and noticed the date - I could only see date stamp on two of the tires (they only stamp one side of the tire and the other two were strapped together with that stamped side to the inside) and they were both dated 0705 - meaning they were over 4 years old already. I broke the ties on the other two tires - one is dated 1105 and the other 4207 (so one is not that old). Since I moved, I'm putting less than 8k / year on my SVT, and of that, about 3k is on the winter set. I called up Tire Rack today to see what they could do, as I was worried about dry-rotting out these tires (don't have a garage) and the woman at customer service is sending me 3 new tires and taking the 3 old ones back, no argument. In fact, she could see in the computer system the date on the tires. She noted that the last 4 sets sold were all from 05 and they didn't return them. I told her that I am much more anal-retentive than most of their customers. She laughed and said they have a lot of "very observant" customers.

My $0.02 on the great customer service of Tire Rack. And I should peruse the forums once again more often; not just when I have to research CEL codes. :blackeye:

It really wasn't a sale, it was a closeout price because of the old mfg dates. If you paid regular price then you did the smart thing returning those for newer dates.

Back