• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Shift Lever Alignment Tool

Have him ship it to me if you want I'm a lot closer and always down for a drive in my SVT lol. Better yet Bill just take a nice drive and come up for a visit :D.

Aaron

Yeah, but you have a spare car for when your SVT breaks. I don't have that luxury anymore. Hopefully next month when we have an SVT, a Cobra, a Denali, and a Corvette in the garage for only two people, I'll be able to rely on being able to borrow a car if needed. I was working on my stupid shift cables until midnight the other night, so that I could drive it to work the next day.

Looks like T97P-7025-A doesn't exist anymore - the part number has changed. Any idea which of these two is the correct part number for the gear level aligner? Both say MTX-75, although the first one denotes 2.0L and the second one doesn't say anything at all.

307-350A
http://fordspecialtools.com/Detail.aspx?id=1432

Just got a reply from SPX Motorcraft - looks like it is the 307-350A.

If the repair manual calls out T97P-7025-A as the correct tool, then 307-350A would be the correct item. T97P-7025-A updates to 307-350A

Thank you for your inquiry,

SPX Service Solutions OE Technical Support

I got one...

but you really don't need it to adjust your cables... Just pull the boot around the shifter and get a friend to pretty much keep it center while you adjust from the tranny side

Back