• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Yuck!! Winter storm warning

i have hankook icebear w300's on the way but they are stuck in a truck somewhere on I-90 in the blizzard. :(

i should! that liberty is a rock in the snow. i towed my red contour to terrys in a blizzard with the libby. my sti has heated seats but the liberty doesnt. does that make any sort of sense?

We got nailed overnight. Lots of Ice and snow. I'm working from home today, can't make it down the street because the plows haven't even been here.

Here's a pic I just took of my neighbor trying to clear his driveway while his son was messing around with their dog.

166133_79_full.jpg

The state police pulled the troopers off the road and there are lots of plows in the ditch. Idot has told people to stay off the road because they are having trouble getting roads cleared with the plows in the ditches.

EDIT: someone just got stuck in a 4WD Suburban in the middle of the street in front of my house.... why can't people just stay home when it is like this??

Last edited:
wowers... that picture is amazing... it just stopped snowing here... I think we got 2 inches which was just enough to make travel difficult.

there is always the one dumb person who has to be out in the worst weather possible... f'n idiots!

Frosty is now put away for the winter :cool: I had a little run in with the local sheriff tho, he musta been bored. I'm too tired to tell the story now, maybe tomorrow :laugh:

Yeah, I think he was just pissed off that he didn't own a car like yours.:D That or maybe he was just pissed that he wasn't getting any action.

It's not good here in W. MI either. Not as bad as Bob's pic though. Freezing rain mixed with snow which turned to snow about 10-11am. So glad I have snow tires this year. I put them on last night before the storm hit at 2 am. Doesn't get any closer than that. LOL!

I cleared my driveway off a little while ago... sun is trying to come out. The snow is more than knee-deep even away from the house where the drifts are deeper. I can back the car out of the garage now no problem, but there is no reason to. At the end of the driveway is a bumper-deep wall of snow waiting for the snow plow to come by. We still have not seen one go by the house.

Oh, and a little while after the suburban got stuck in the middle of the street, a little jeep wrangler got off the one set of tracks in the street and got stuck too. It didn't take much to get him pushed out and back underway though. What a mess.

Oh, and I live just under 5 miles from work, in the same city. Talking with one of the few people that is in the office, it is pretty quiet with not a lot of people at their desks. Fortunately we can all work from home in these situations to keep the company rolling along.

I just got done snowblowing my driveway... all the main roads are 100% clear and clean but all the secondary roads are nightmares because they havent been plowed yet.

I blew about 3 inches off my driveway - the storm completely went around us.. we have warehouses in Milwaukee and Chicago which are just completely shut down and buried.

I hate how damned cold it is here now.. its hard to shift in this weather.. :(
Thats why I'm glad I could put the SVT away for the winter. I would think driving an SVT in the snow would take all the fun out of driving it :shrug: My SE just has less hp and doesn't look as cool as an SVT. Besides, I'm glad I don't have to drive MTX in the winter with some of the people we have around here. I need to focus all my attention on the road and not what gear I'm in :laugh:

Back