• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

boost gauge

Pics are up, now will you guys help me when I need it! :) thanks

-Jeff-

Sounds like either you have a massive leak so you aren't seeing boost or, more likely, you are tapping into the EGR vacuum line which won't see boost because that line doesn't come directly from the intake it comes from another sensor on the back of the manifold. Follow the plastic line connected to the center of the intake back to the firewall. The smaller of the two should go into a rubber boot. That rubber boot should have a few vacuum lines coming out of it. You want to tap into one of those lines. Get a "T" fitting and run your gauge off of that source.

That should fix your problem. :)

Sounds like either you have a massive leak so you aren't seeing boost or, more likely, you are tapping into the EGR vacuum line which won't see boost because that line doesn't come directly from the intake it comes from another sensor on the back of the manifold. Follow the plastic line connected to the center of the intake back to the firewall. The smaller of the two should go into a rubber boot. That rubber boot should have a few vacuum lines coming out of it. You want to tap into one of those lines. Get a "T" fitting and run your gauge off of that source.

That is exactly how it was hooked into my red csvt.

You had FI on your red csvt?

I think one of the previous owners might of had a bottle in it.
100_1221.jpg

100_1220.jpg

Are you talking about the DPFE sensor? because my car does not have a EGR system or DPFE sensor, but I hooked the gauge on the backside of the intake in the vacuum junction, and it works, it just seems to be slow reacting, I am sure if everyone elses car is like this but I can hear the turbo spool around 30 in's of vacuum and maybe a little less, but to actully get boost pressure on the gauge you really have to be on the gas for a while, but if you are on the freeway and punch it in 3rd gear it jumps right too 6-7psi, I think it is working correctly now, but to me when I hear the turbo I feel like there should be something on the gauge because even the blow off valve works when the gauge does not read boost. thanks for the help

-Jeff-

Back