• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official LIM by SHOSource.com GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine isn't a Hybrid and last I checked mine ran :D.

Aaron

if i recall correctly your car was indeed running...behind mine the whole time:laugh:

Okay just kidding your car will smoke mine.....:laugh: But not for long....i hope:cool:

You know I'm messing with you. I really do need to get a new rear mount though. Mine is completely shot.

So is there any interest or does anything else need to be done? We would like to be able to offer this to you guys.

IF we can get some dyno numbers....more would buy it.:shrug:

IS there any way we can get an order of plates? That way one of us can port the lim by our selves and then dyno the car?

Is there any way we can get an order of plates? That way one of us can port the lim by our selves and then dyno the car?
i'd be interested in full plates ( not those cut aways) 'cos i think my 2.5L would run better with them. If i'm wrong, i can always cut them after..cheers..G.

i'm interested w/out dyno numbers:shrug: they'd be nice but in the end they'd also raise the price per unit. its really going to vary engine to engine and tune to tune.

IF we can get some dyno numbers....more would buy it.:shrug:

IS there any way we can get an order of plates? That way one of us can port the lim by our selves and then dyno the car?

This mod was shown to work in the past and it also works on the SHO.

Cutting plates requires programming and material for cutting 1 run of plates which will cost a lot more then running for 10 sets.

Right now I see 4 interested people.

Even if we get dyno number would we get the needed people? Are there 6 fence sitters out there?

We have already had a SHO group buy die because people didn't put their money where their mouth is.

We do want to bring more products to you guys but this isn't helping much.

its really going to vary engine to engine and tune to tune.

Exactly. Who cares if I go to the dyno and this yields me 15 WHP on my tuned 3L, there's no guarantee that it will do the same for others. Who here that is interested is pushing over 200 WHP to begin with?

Exactly. Who cares if I go to the dyno and this yields me 15 WHP on my tuned 3L, there's no guarantee that it will do the same for others. Who here that is interested is pushing over 200 WHP to begin with?

Are you serious? You have never asked what hp or tq a mod does to help you decide what item to purchase:rolleyes: No gaurantee....it gives me an idea of what aveage hp could be produced when installed.
And of course whp numbers are different on each car...stock cars from the factory vary....so why even write what you wrote...it's common knowledge.

I'm trying to find ways of getting this thing moving....even if it takes me buying/making these plates myself and getting it dyno'd.

Now i think about it....i don't know why i am offering my help.. i bought an oval port 3L.

This mod was shown to work in the past and it also works on the SHO.

Cutting plates requires programming and material for cutting 1 run of plates which will cost a lot more then running for 10 sets.

Right now I see 4 interested people.

Even if we get dyno number would we get the needed people? Are there 6 fence sitters out there?

We have already had a SHO group buy die because people didn't put their money where their mouth is.

We do want to bring more products to you guys but this isn't helping much.

Not to be a negative Nancy, but I wouldn't produce anything either until the funding was there. Those 4 "interested" people will get cut down to 1 or 2, and the chances of one of those "fence sitters" falling on your side of the fence are slim to none. This comes from experience of running a few group buys myself on this site, and this was before $500 worth of mods was considered extensive.
This would be a nice mod to come to the Contour world, but you're right, people aren't willing to put their money where their mouth is.

Mark

Not to be a negative Nancy, but I wouldn't produce anything either until the funding was there. Those 4 "interested" people will get cut down to 1 or 2, and the chances of one of those "fence sitters" falling on your side of the fence are slim to none. This comes from experience of running a few group buys myself on this site, and this was before $500 worth of mods was considered extensive.
This would be a nice mod to come to the Contour world, but you're right, people aren't willing to put their money where their mouth is.

Mark

Mark, He is requiring the money up front, people pay, then the proto gets done, then the rest of em.

Mark, He is requiring the money up front, people pay, then the proto gets done, then the rest of em.

I understand that. People are asking for dyno numbers, or saying that they want to see the product before they put down the money. I can understand that, but in today's market, and the general tight-wadness(is that a word?) of CEGers, I'd hate to see what appears to be a small company as it is, considering the thought of putting up the money to make a product that they'll be lucky to sell 3 a year. Then again, I could be wrong.:shrug:

Mark

I understand that. People are asking for dyno numbers, or saying that they want to see the product before they put down the money. I can understand that, but in today's market, and the general tight-wadness(is that a word?) of CEGers, I'd hate to see what appears to be a small company as it is, considering the thought of putting up the money to make a product that they'll be lucky to sell 3 a year. Then again, I could be wrong.:shrug:

Mark

I agree with you. and i don't blame them for not investing in this.

See here's the thing. We have a few dedicated people. But to get more...we need something more (obviously) to get them interested. Thats the problem we are having right now. So i was trying to throw ideas out there to do something to get more people interested.

So what is left that anybody can do to get this thing rolling???? a finished prodcut and dyno numbers. Thats the only thing we can do to get the ball rolling..... and if thats not good enough we might as well lock this.:shrug:

what this needs is someone who can actually do the work and is prepared to invest there own time. The Shosource guys are paying someone else and that is where this falls down. Failing that, if the job could be broken down into parts... someone to just bore out LIMs and someone to source 37mm butterflies. I've just seen a 37mm reamer for $50 on ebay.. so $50 for the 35mm reamer. just my 2c...it would be a shame to let this fall..G.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back