• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My new Mazda pics...

Really:rolleyes: Lets see, the car is about a grand more than the 2000 CSVT was, has 63 "for sure more" hp, 91 ft/lbs more torque, a 6 spd w/ LSD, better interior materials and stereo and factory 18's, not to mention HIDs and LEDs! I've been told the car has dyno'd 242 hp and 280 ft/lbs of torque too, only 21 off from the "advertised" hp number and exactly the same amount of torque. Its either underrated from the factory or the dyno is waaaaaaaaaaaay off:shrug:

its got LEDS?

Really:rolleyes: Lets see, the car is about a grand more than the 2000 CSVT was, has 63 "for sure more" hp, 91 ft/lbs more torque, a 6 spd w/ LSD, better interior materials and stereo and factory 18's, not to mention HIDs and LEDs! I've been told the car has dyno'd 242 hp and 280 ft/lbs of torque too, only 21 off from the "advertised" hp number and exactly the same amount of torque. Its either underrated from the factory or the dyno is waaaaaaaaaaaay off:shrug:

Umm, he didn't say MazdaSpeed 3 :shrug:

its got LEDS?

LED taillights

0603_geneva_02+2007_mazda_mazdaspeed3+rear_left_view.jpg

Don't worry about it saying "Mazda3 MPS," it's Euro spec (no 'Mazdaspeed' here).

EDIT: probly gonna look something like this:

led.jpg

Last edited:
Barring any new amazing car developments in the next 3 years, I plan on getting a used Mazdaspeed 3 in about 3-4 years after 2-3 years working out of school.

Frankly I think its the logical replacement to a CSVT...

Barring any new amazing car developments in the next 3 years, I plan on getting a used Mazdaspeed 3 in about 3-4 years after 2-3 years working out of school.

Frankly I think its the logical replacement to a CSVT...

I'm a believer that the MS6 is the logical replacement...more room, no torque steer, and it's got a trunk. Not dissing the MS3 in any way though...fine car that will help with the aftermarket of the MS6.

IMG_4005a.jpg

IMG_3975a.jpg

IMG_4012a.jpg

Love that blue 3 though...wish they had that fore MS6.

Last edited:
Umm, he didn't say MazdaSpeed 3 :shrug:

We've been talking about the MS3, so I thought it was understood:shrug: Either way, the more you think about it, when it was new the CSVT was overpriced IMO and todays SCC's are a bargain in comparison!

We've been talking about the MS3, so I thought it was understood:shrug: Either way, the more you think about it, when it was new the CSVT was overpriced IMO and todays SCC's are a bargain in comparison!

Roger, this is a basic fundamental of consumer goods. New products come out that are better than previous ones at a similar or lower cost than said original product. :shocked:

I'm a believer that the MS6 is the logical replacement...more room, no torque steer, and it's got a trunk. Not dissing the MS3 in any way though...fine car that will help with the aftermarket of the MS6.

Love that blue 3 though...wish they had that fore MS6.

True.

But the 3 (3180lbs) is 400 pounds lighter than the 6 (3589lbs). The CSVT was never known for its room, and I've sat in my friend's 3 and its arguably more roomy than the CSVT. Trunk...we'll you got me there. EPA mileage is slightly better on the 3 and its starting price is about $6k less (according to Mazda's site). Torque steer wasn't a major detriment in any of the reviews I've read yet.

With that said, the 6 is pretty sweet. Perhaps if I have a kid and some more money I'll spring for the 6 vs. the 3. Till then...I'm going to continue this automotive ecstasy that is the CSVT. Everytime I get in and drive this 9 year old car I still get a big grin!

It's gotta be bigger than the Evo though, doesn't it. I thought about you the other day as I saw a guy wrestling w/ a baby seat in an Evo at the mall.:laugh: But I agree, when I saw the MS6 in person, it wasn't quite as big back there as I thought. (God, that last sentence makes me feel old.:laugh: )

It's gotta be bigger than the Evo though, doesn't it. I thought about you the other day as I saw a guy wrestling w/ a baby seat in an Evo at the mall.:laugh: But I agree, when I saw the MS6 in person, it wasn't quite as big back there as I thought. (God, that last sentence makes me feel old.:laugh: )
The Evo's back seat is bigger than the Mazda 6. I had to wrestle the baby seat in the Mazda....not in the Evo.

IMG_3975a.jpg

Any.. similarities here? :cool: The 6 would sink the ship financially for me, though. I'd be in a hurry to swap aftermarket wheels on it too- but that's just me. Not a fan of euro-ish wheels. My next car's color is black.

pic21.jpg

I don't know about the 6, but my wife's 3 has a more roomy back seat than my CSVT.

My Sentra has more room in the back seat!

Tried to put my sister's baby seat in the back of my SVT... wouldn't fit w/o moving the passenger seat way up. So we put it in her 01 Legacy wagon instead.

The back seat of my MS6 is huge compared to the SVT...I have no problems fitting adults back there like I did with the Contour.

I'd be in a hurry to swap aftermarket wheels on it too- but that's just me. Not a fan of euro-ish wheels. My next car's color is black.

Ace Allures will be ordered in the spring and these will become the winter treads. They completly suck for cleaning...

I don't know what everyone's problem with the backseats in the Contour are, all of my friends are tall, on average a little over six feet tall, and they never have a problem except for the extremely tall ones, and then their only problem is that their head touches the roof where it meets the back window.

Back