• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

imrc missing

sweet91accord

CEG'er
i have a 98 contour that i bought 3 week ago. the imrc is missing and they is no check engine light on . and yes the light work. and under the intake were the imrc get hook up is missing too i dont have alot low end power but at 38rpm the secondary kick in. what i should do and how do i fix it please someone help me out :shrug:

Your statement is contradicting. "IMRC is missing but the secondaries still kick in?"

Unless the previous owner did the invisible IMRC mod, then i don't think that's possible.

at 38 rpm the car pick up power. i believe the secondaries kick in i know for a fact tht imrc is missing under the intake they is nothing there. it seen some one plug were the imrc get hook iunder the intake someone please help

shrug.jpg

The IMRC is not located under the intake. :rolleyes:

It's located under the plastic engine cover on the front valve cover.

I can't believe that I'm even trying to help after you lowered my IQ 10 points by making me read that :censored::censored::censored::censored:, but did you think that maybe somebody relocated it? If you say that you have secondaries at "38 rpm" (try 3800 or 3400 for WOT) then you have an IMRC most likely, unless somebody went through the effort to gut them. Mine is relocated. I drove around with it stuck open and stuck closed, and neither one gave me a CEL after a while. And why do you have two threads asking the SAME EXACT question?

The plug for the IMRC should be placed under the front engine cover. From the IMRC unit, a cable runs towards the LIM and connects to the linkage which opens and closes the secondary runners.

Without pictures, it's tough to understand what you're seeing under the hood. You can be describing it totally wrong and we wouldn't know.

Then your secondaries have been gutted. It's as simple as that. It explains your lack of low end and still existant top end. Starjammir has his LIM gutted on his 3L, but still gets a little extra boost around 3800.

im sorry about the two treads. im goind to take my big intake that said svt and take pic so you guy know what im talking about. i know that is not relocated i really believe they gut then out i should take pic

omg, what happened to you trying to type better? how does taking a pic of your "big svt" intake help us identify your problem. I think you need help from some locals around near you who know their contours.

im sorry about the two treads. im goind to take my big intake that said svt and take pic so you guy know what im talking about. i know that is not relocated i really believe they gut then out i should take pic

Ok, they're gutted. So what? If the car is running and still has the top end, what the hell does it matter? Honestly until last Friday, I was going to gut my secondaries because my piece of :censored::censored::censored::censored: IMRC never worked. It's not a big deal. You loose a little low end, but you could put an aftermarket y-pipe on and probably be back where you started in that department.

i copy and paste your thing. i dont have all this part imrc and were it get hook up.i believe you are right secondaries have been gutted. what can i do to fix it this problem

but i dont have low end. and the car used alot of gas im only getting about 15 mpg. read on other forum they are said that im losing about 20hp. by my secondaries being gutted that is true? may be i should selll this one and get a diferent one

Back