• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

PPG Pace cars for sale...again

boumacj

Hard-core CEG'er
The owner of the three pace cars called me today to let me know the cars are for sale. However, he wants $15K for each of them. It's not that it's such a bad price, but considering all of us know what was paid for the cars, I'm sure $15K is a difficult pill to swallow. If you are interested let me know via PM and I will give you his name and number. By the way, he said the price is non-negotiable.

Later,
CJ

Exactly, non-negotiable at 15K is a joke. I know they have low miles and custom paint but there just not worth it. I would spend 10K max on the purple one and 8K on the teal and gold one. Anyways at 15K firm they'll be collecting dust for quite a while.

What did they end up going for in the auction?

The purple one went for $8500, the gold one went for $8000, and the teal one went for $7500. All cars also had a 10% auction fee added to them. Not to mention though that they need to be titled which in some places costs several hundred dollars.

A guy that's is into CART and knows these cars.

Gold- non street able

Purple- I'd rock it.

Teal- Umm it can sit in a barn.

For 15k this guy has no idea how much these cars are worth obviously.

Best of luck to him selling them though.:help:

I bet it doesn't even get up to the price he paid for it.
insane.gif

Wouldent suprise me. I mean it honestly looks great in the pictures. But it goes back to the original for sale thread months ago. Some people really believe that because it was a PPG car that it's suddenly worth a lot more. I just dont buy into it. Like I said in the original thread, I would pay way more for a car that sat in someones garage and was never modded then a car thats been raced around a track and tinkered with. I would be extremely suprised if anyone has paid more then what I paid for my 2100 mile SVT a few months ago. p.s. I payed a fair amount less then 15K too.

edit. Except maybe for the saleen, but thats in a whole different league of its own.

Don't get me wrong, I love the cars and they are great collector's pieces but as the owner found out, $8,000 is still alot for a car to just sit in your garage. I really like the looks of all the cars but I had to ask myself if I would ever paint one of my cars gold, purple, or teal and still like it as much as a silver, black, red, or green factory colored car. The answer is no. Sure guys from CEG would think it was pretty sweet but out in the real world what would you think if for example a dude pulled up in a purple Grand Am? My buddies would laugh at me if I pulled up to their house in a purple or teal car. The gold car is still my favorite but since it's not streetable I think it's out too. It would take a heck of a lot better deal than what he wants for them at this point for me to jump on it. There will most likely be another low mileage SVT somewhere that will show up for sale within the next 6 months that I would rather invest in if I am going to spend anywhere near $10K.

25k buy it now....Yesh this guy is def on meth,.

I put a price down for fun. :laugh:

Don't get me wrong, I love the cars and they are great collector's pieces but as the owner found out, $8,000 is still alot for a car to just sit in your garage. I really like the looks of all the cars but I had to ask myself if I would ever paint one of my cars gold, purple, or teal and still like it as much as a silver, black, red, or green factory colored car. The answer is no. Sure guys from CEG would think it was pretty sweet but out in the real world what would you think if for example a dude pulled up in a purple Grand Am? My buddies would laugh at me if I pulled up to their house in a purple or teal car. The gold car is still my favorite but since it's not streetable I think it's out too. It would take a heck of a lot better deal than what he wants for them at this point for me to jump on it. There will most likely be another low mileage SVT somewhere that will show up for sale within the next 6 months that I would rather invest in if I am going to spend anywhere near $10K.

Agreed! I really feel there worth what he paid. Has it even been confirmed that these cars can be registered and driven on the street? IIRC, the best I heard was, you might be able to pull some strings at the dmv or with your state but nothing is guaranteed...That's not good enough for me if thats the case. I'm not rich enough to afford just a track car.

I missed where he had a reserve. I bet it's still more than what he paid at auction. It's going to be funny when it doesn't go for even 6k. The few ppl that appreciate them and have the funds to procure are few and far between as we know. For some reason I like these cars more than the Saleen. The purple a little bit more but the orange I'll always love. Always liked that color. I guess one can remove the cage but it ruins the car's value.

Back