• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Do you think my car is worth...

You might wanna edit-out your plans from your posts, you never know who's reading these days.

Nah its cool man...I am a Jedi. "You didn't see me post anything about cheating your system."

Seriously tho...I dunno, I need to call my agent and see what their procedure and such is first. My windshield is gonna crack through the winter anyways, so I will just let it happen on its own and worry about it come spring time.

man you guys are lucky to pay so little for insurence. im 19 and pay $2000 a year cause of my age. only one crash a year ago in a different car. that didnt make the pice go up much at all. it being my first car i own also isnt helping

Nah its cool man...I am a Jedi. "You didn't see me post anything about cheating your system."

Seriously tho...I dunno, I need to call my agent and see what their procedure and such is first. My windshield is gonna crack through the winter anyways, so I will just let it happen on its own and worry about it come spring time.

Actually, you should call one of those windshield repair shops. 9 times out of 10, after looking at it (or even without looking at it), their determination will be "projectile from the road. Not avoidable." And that is what they will call your insurance and tell them. And results in a "no deductible no increase insurance premium repair". ;)

More and more I read stories about how people have gotten in legal trouble by items posted to forums, myspace, youtube, etc.. sometimes years later.

I'm not suggesting that you're in serious danger posting such on the CEG, but there's really no benefit to informing everyone what you're contemplating either.

There are a lot of people whom like to get others in trouble and have a lot of time on their hands to do so.

Vandalism shouldn't make your insurance go up a penny. My SVT was keyed and it cost $5500 for an entire car quality repaint (which is currently in the process), and my insurance agent said it won't go up at all because it was not my fault and it was unavoidable. That sucker thought he would piss me off, but I get a brand new paint job to flaunt infront of him... even know I am still trying to figure out who "him" was!!!

Wait a minute, I don't know if that was even relevant, wasn't the guy asking if his insurance would go up if his windshield was broken due to "vandalism"!?!?

Yeah, you are prolly right Desiato. I will clear the air here then. I was just kidding about "accidental" damage to my windshield. I would never do such a thing... My windshield is already cracked and it is going to be even more cracked come spring time due to temperature changes up here in Minnesota. I was just seeking out some info on how the process would work and gaining consensus on whether or not my premium would change due to getting my windshield repaired. And shoot...I wish someone would key my car so I could get a new paint job. That would be sweet!

LOL at the topic hijack. I am paying $290/mo after moving to Boston (almost 6 years driving, clean record), was $184/mo when I lived in central MA farmland.

LOL - reading some of the ages here and the rates you guys are paying makes me glad that I'm not as young as I used to be. I'm still under 50 and not old enough for AARP but the rate on my 98 Mystique through Safeco is $23.50/mo. for liability.

Heck, I'm paying full coverage on a '99 Viper with a $500 ded. and it is only $64.60/mo.

Some of you guys who have established high credit scores might take a look at Safeco. They factor in your credit rating when determining your rate. Mine is over 800.

Credit = 752
Rate = $60/mo Liability only on the SVT. But shes soon to be gone anyways.
Sign = Cancer
Hobbies = Stuff
Will you marry me?

LOL - reading some of the ages here and the rates you guys are paying makes me glad that I'm not as young as I used to be. I'm still under 50 and not old enough for AARP but the rate on my 98 Mystique through Safeco is $23.50/mo. for liability.

Heck, I'm paying full coverage on a '99 Viper with a $500 ded. and it is only $64.60/mo.

Some of you guys who have established high credit scores might take a look at Safeco. They factor in your credit rating when determining your rate. Mine is over 800.

I hate you. :laugh:

I have two daughters, one in college the other in high school. No matter what my credit rating, I'm gettin' raped on car insurance.

I am 19, 716 beacon... And I pay $220 a month for full coverage... I think that since i am female and a 3.8 student helps bring my rate down...and I have a clean record too.... and Renters insurance brings my rate down... all through Farmers

Last edited:
Hell I'm 26 and only pay like $120 a month for full cover a month on the 06' Fusion and the 99' tour and liabilty on the 88' F-150. The truck is only like $20 a month and the fusion is like $65 so that makes it to be about $35 for the tour'. WWOOOOTTTT!!!!!

To get back to the original topic, I think you're kinda stuck when it comes to the car. Most buyers don't buy for mods, and considering that the cost to fix the tranny will about equal the cost of the car itself, you're in a very unenviable position.

Yeah...indeed. Well it is all good tho, cuz the dude who was going to sell the car doesn't wanna sell it anymore. EVEN tho he said it was due to debt reasons...and he now intends to put a turbo on it. Doesn't make sense to me either, but oh well. Guess that just means that I am stuck with repairing the tranny...anyone got 2k they feel like giving to a stranger? I will make you one helluva pasta dish! Well, can't say I didn't try.

It would be nice if rates were determined by the companies in Massachusetts! Our insurance laws are messed up a bit. When I found out about my rate change I went looking and found this information from our resident insurance guru. Wouldn't matter who I go with, rate will be the same.

Back