• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

CSVT vs WRX

Lt_hailBob

Veteran CEG'er
A guy I know that works at a gas station wants to race me. He has a WRX with a stage 2 turbo and I have no idea how good a driver he is. I told him I would race him his is supposedly around 240hp, and supposing it was at a strip and from a roll, would it even be close, or not worth bothering

I think you're stupid and dumb.

Anyone with 1/2 a brain would have a tune for his WRX, which would remove the limiter.

Not to mention racing a 2.5 mile stretch to insane speeds for the street.

Depending on what he really has on his car he should hit 140mph before the 1 mile mark.

I've seen some blatantly ridiculous posts in the dyno/drag forum in my day, but this one just shadowed all of those posts.... Actually, it just eclipsed those posts all together. 2.5 miles..... LOL!!!! :nonono:

Mark

first off are you out of your mind...a turbo wrx vrs what your non-turbo svt...hahahaha.....
you need :help:
and wait i thought race talk wasnt permitted on this site....

Assuming we're talking about racing at the strip, the CSVT would win, because the WRX will be stopped by law enforcement (perhaps even on the way to the track) for being inexcusably ugly.

Assuming we're talking about racing at the strip, the CSVT would win, because the WRX will be stopped by law enforcement (perhaps even on the way to the track) for being inexcusably ugly.
lmao :laugh:

if per chance they do make it to the track... if you have just a stock 2.5L or even a 3L vs. his mods im pretty confident you will lose.

Here's a good idea, how about you just hand over those keys to me. At least then your CSVT would be in good hands that way. I've wanted another CSVT ever since I sold mine, and seeing crap like this just makes me even more mad seeing good cars with the wrong drivers...:nonono:

what year is the WRX? if its one of the 2.0L's like I have you might beat him off the line but he will later overtake you easily once he's in 2nd gear.

If its a 2.5L WRX he will walk you like an easy stroll in the park.

Either way... You cant win unless the other dude is a REALLY horrible driver, misses a shift point and lands in the wrong gear.

i have raced a stock wrx with maybe hard pipes and bov... i was beatin, don't be a ricer, go to the strip where it's legal

Anyways....

Anyways....

I like how you guys (well most of you) just totally jump off subject and cant give a mature answer to his question. If you dont have nothing decent to say, dont say anything at all. How hard is keep quiet or answer?

Lets look at some stats:

WRX=All wheel drive
CSVT= Front wheel drive

WRX=Turbo and possibly modded
CSVT Naturally aspirated and modded (assuming)

Not gonna go into numbers such as HP, torque, and weight ratio but a race with any WRX while driving in a CSVT modded spells LOSE. UNLESS your car is heavily modded with a turbo pushing mad boost. But then you still may lose. :(

Back