• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone get the SVTOA mag.

FWIW, the SVTOA is no longer owned by Ford, it is in private hands and although the transition sucked arse and I almost cancelled my membership, it appears as though it may be worth it in the near future. They actually have a section for our car and the Focus and Ford actually had some Focus fanatics invited to the plant for the debut of the 08 focus last sept and let them do test drives off the assembly line! :cool: It does have a lot of mustangs in it as they are more popular, but it seems like they are heading in the right direction. I just re-upped and will see what happens. The July 08 issue is the one with Todds car in it :cool:

why dont you just post it? :shrug:

Uh... because it's not on the computer I'm using right now.

I will say this about the club (and I've been saying it for years): if you don't get involved and make an effort, you've got nobody to blame for any percieved snubbing. The "SVT's red-headed stepchild" martyr syndrome doesn't get anyone anywhere.

Here it is. Thanks a lot Matt!
orig.jpg

I will say this about the club (and I've been saying it for years): if you don't get involved and make an effort, you've got nobody to blame for any percieved snubbing. The "SVT's red-headed stepchild" martyr syndrome doesn't get anyone anywhere.

Count me as one of those who made an effort. Some of the local guys were really cool (the ones who had a Focus or Contour in addition to their Cobra or Lightning) but most didn't give two :censored::censored::censored::censored:s. I got tired of going to events and only talking to the same four people.

Just wish my car had eyebrows on it at the time. LOL! I'm pretty excited about the coverage. You rock Matt!

Yeah but have you learned to stay in the lines yet:laugh:

I do agree though eyebrows make the front end look alot better. I can imagine either of mine without them now.

lol oh yeah. Well then the article lies because we didn't attend in 07. :D
No matter, the point was well made. Crazy fawkers from all over attend SZ, which makes them :cool:

Back