• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Celebration Time!

Congratulations!
That is awesome news and I am sure you will like it. I have toured their twice now and that company is really cool. I have friends from school that work there now and they absolutely love it. Best Wishes!

Congrats Cobra-der! Well done. I may not be able to make the celebration, but ENJOY!

And so when is Jess due? lol...

P.S. - I love missile defense sh*t. My dad used to work on magnetic components for countermeasures for the government programs at Sanders (later Lockheed)

Yeah, BAE used to be Sanders. In fact I'll be in the plant on Canal St in Nashua which was Sanders. I will be moving to the Spit Brook Rd. plant in 6 months or so when we ramp up production.

Congratulations, Mike! :D I can't make the celebratory dinner, unfortunately... nevertheless, Kim, I'll mail some baby clothes your way for the new member of the family. ;)

Yeah, BAE used to be Sanders. In fact I'll be in the plant on Canal St in Nashua which was Sanders. I will be moving to the Spit Brook Rd. plant in 6 months or so when we ramp up production.

That's so cool. That's where he worked. I spent two summers there in the maintenance department while in college (painting, mowing, carpentry, sleeping, shooting bats...)

Congratulations!! Sheesh, you've been trying to get in there for a while now! I'm happy for you!

We're tied up on the 9th... but we will be there in spirit!

Congratulations!! Sheesh, you've been trying to get in there for a while now! I'm happy for you!

We're tied up on the 9th... but we will be there in spirit!

damn! I knew you had Springstein on the 2nd, so I was hoping you had the 9th available.

lol Po. Wait, why do you have baby clothes? ;)

Congratulations Mike!
That's
HBfabulous1.gif
news.

Since I can't join in the celebration, I'll send you a beer and a congrats toast.
cheers2.gif

Nice work, Cobra. Well done. How 'bout you buy an '87 Vic with the proceeds? :cool:

I can't swing the 9th -- I'll be in Indiana, but if the deal goes down another date, let me know.

That's awesome! Not only is FIRST Robotics sponsored by BAE, but my work (Har-Conn Chrome Company) recieves parts for coating from them regularly.

Congrats!:cool:

Good news! I'll have many free beers this weekend at a wedding on your behalf. :D
lol is that blu_fuz's wedding?

So when you say he gets a pay increase, you mean it goes directly into your checking...right?
nope, we have separate accounts.

Mike said he'd like to do dinner at the Shogun near out house (japanese steakhouse, cook in front of your table kind of place).
Then everyone can come back to our house for shenanigans.

Ok, things just got a little more bizarre for us.

My supervisor just got out of a meeting with our boss.
I guess HR has been doing some sort of evaluation of everyone's salaries based on their titles and shiz for the past couple months.
(apparently they had me down as an Accountant I rather than II for some stupid arse reason).
They compared our salaries to those of professionals in the Boston area, then did some sort of scale down calculation (since obviously this ain't Bahstun), and voila, they determined if people here are getting paid adequately.
Apparently I was one of 5 people in our finance department that is being underpaid.
So what are they going to do? give me a 2.5% raise. And they're dating it back to April, so next week's paycheck will have some extra lovin' inside.

Oh and did I forget to mention that Mike's current company handed out raises recently and are back-dating him a 2.5% raise as of June?

ok so, this is a little too much good luck for me to handle.
Our immediate family members are going through some good times lately too. I'm afraid something really bad is gonna happen soon to put everything back into balance. :eek:

but for now I'm fugging excited! :D

Back