• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Wow i need help just looked at my paypal acc.

:laugh:
I'm new here, if you look at my sig you'll see two of my "passion" projects: the Kaw and the AMC. The Contour is my wife's, and I'm trying NOT to get too emotionally invoved with it, 'cause I LOVE to hotrod. I've got 5k in my Kaw project, and it's not anywhere close to done, and I'm already up to 3k on the AMC and I haven't even started work, just accumulating parts. And when I'm done with the Contour, I'll have an extra Zetec engine in the garage, just begging to be rebuilt and a home found for. Like building something like this http://http://www.adrianstomcat.co.uk/ABSFreestyle.htm
with a Zetec. You know, just something fun to wander around the wide open spaces of The Great American Desert. :help:
Never had a vehicle I HAVEN'T wanted to hotrod. Gimme a car and I get the bug. Guys on AMC forums are just like you. Guys on Kawasaki forums are worse. There is no cure. :shocked:
Oh, BTW, my screen name is pstrbrc 'cause my name is Bruce and I'm (ahem) a minister. It's my calling in life to help people find hope. But for car nuts, there ain't any. :shrug:

WOW guys, some intense cash being spent here...

Plz don't take this the wrong way, but if you wanna kick the mod-bug then realize that ur car is FWD sedan, thbus not deserving of any major mods IMO.

No joke here. I used to easily spend that kind of money on my mustang which was a street car that was raced on the weekends pretty regularly. When I got the tour, I got it for a DD. I considered modding it, then realized what a waste it would be. If I get back into dropping that amount of coin, it will be in a car with 8 cylinders and rwd. Something that will actually plant the rear tires and lift the front vrs spinning its butt off.

Or have kids. Then you simply won't be able to afford car parts after diapers, formula, daycare, etc. Hell, starting next month, I will be spending $1200+ a month on the daycare alone for my twins.
Im right there with you on the daycare trip. I pay more a month for daycare than my house payment is:shocked: $155/wk.

Now multiply that times 2 since I have twins and you will be in my boat. :cry:
Ya but that is crazy cause I would actually think it would be more in Houston. I grew up in Spring and I know stuff is usually more expensive in the Houston area as opposed to the area I live in now.

money spent on cars is only a waste if you didn't get the desired enjoyment from the things you threw the money at. Doesn't matter if you're driving a Pinto or a Porshe.
Obviously the people here throwing serious coin at their cars are enjoying every last penny.

You get twice the hugs, twice the kisses, twice the games and twice the "I love you's".. I don't want to hear it!

:D :D :D
they do turn into teenages, ya know.
Then all that stuff goes out the window, no matter how many you have. ;)

twice the aisles to walk down, or twice the goodbyes when they go off to military, or college.. twice the ball games to go to, twice the sleep overs, twice everything.

Its all in the priorities and I think paying twice for daycare is always an expense that will be payed back in immeasurable dividends.

Nothing can be more important, to me, than a family.

money spent on cars is only a waste if you didn't get the desired enjoyment from the things you threw the money at. Doesn't matter if you're driving a Pinto or a Porshe.
Obviously the people here throwing serious coin at their cars are enjoying every last penny.
Definitely true. My car sucks hardcore and can't beat anything in a race, but I love it to death and it makes me happy when I drive it, so I'll do anything to keep it going and looking nice. If that means going with some nice suspension, nice tires, w/e, I'm going to do it because it adds to the joy of driving the car.

You get twice the hugs, twice the kisses, twice the games and twice the "I love you's".. I don't want to hear it!

:D :D :D

Since the twins are only 9 weeks old, the only thing I am currently getting twice of is spit ups, dirty diapers, and fussyness. I get crying/screaming babies in stereo. LOL!

I wish I got twice the sleep. Unfortunately I only get half now. HAHA!

I've spent a bit of money this past year but it's mostly been on maintenance and repairs, not mods.

Gonna be spending more money this month to get the thing to pass annual state inspection. And probably paying for two inspections because I really don't feel like going back to that first place.

Back