• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New motor and some progress!

great news trey. I wanna see that car running and together, lol. Glad to see it's going to be back on the road.

This car is a freaking nightmare! it is throwing codes it shouldnt be and giving ob1 hell! lord help me guys but im ready to part it almost!

That sucks... Sounds good though from the vid..
it idles perfect give it throttle and it breaks up unless you baby it to death. the yellowtop the guy had with the car is junk. wont charge. when he got it driving the damn front end has something messed up cause he said it wobbles like hell. If it is the wheels im going to go off!:mad::mad::mad::help::cry:

it idles perfect give it throttle and it breaks up unless you baby it to death. the yellowtop the guy had with the car is junk. wont charge. when he got it driving the damn front end has something messed up cause he said it wobbles like hell. If it is the wheels im going to go off!:mad::mad::mad::help::cry:

I can only imagine. Ever wonder WhyTF am I messing with this anymore?

I can only imagine. Ever wonder WhyTF am I messing with this anymore?
I am wondering why TF right now! I can only imagine how pissed off Ob1 is right now. Hoping it is just the old gas in the car for the main issue and im praying the wobble issue is just balancing of the tires or the tires flat spotted from sitting on concrete in one spot for so long. Might be lca bushings who knows. I'll never buy a non running car again unless it is bone stock!

sorry to hear the bad news. I'd check the tires once over for bulges, that might cause the wobble. ex g/f had a tremendous wobble in her t-bird cause by a tire bulge. If thats not it i'd say lca's, sway bar links, or maybe even wheel bearing.

Back