• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

black restore

Recoveryone

Veteran CEG'er
This may be in the old threads, but I see a lot of rides including my own that the side mirrors base and hood vent intake are faded. Is there any product out there that can restore the black look without painting.

I do believe that Mothers has a product called back to black that does this, but it doesn't last to long, and collects alot of dust.

start waxing, wax everything

start waxing, wax everything
Wax is the reason my black trim pieces have white residue and are faded :crazy:

Optimum's Opti-Seal should give results like this:

2001_Saleen_Mustang_frontend4.jpg

It's somewhat expensive though.

yesterday i thought, what the hell, and i tried armor all on it. Didn't bring back the original black on the pieces running up the windshield(but still looked 10 times better) but down where the vents are came out i would say close to 100%.

Yeah, definetely dont wax them. Getting wax on plastic trim pieces will just turn them white.

I have some Mothers Back to Black and its decent. Like someone already stated, it doesnt last very long but it does the job.

I picked up some of the Mothers back to black today, I post some before and after pic's, while in the store (Wal-mart) I saw a restore kit by Bondo that actually dye's the parts, says it last for six months.

Back