• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

finally vids of some of my races...

I think you're right but the point is that they didn't build their cars specifically for drag racing. Skinnies on the back, gutted interior, drag-specific suspension setup... sh*t like that which one would only do to a purpose-built drag car, is what it would take for 12's in a Contour. Very doable for $10k, just not practical.

Doable but no practical was all i was saying before. The truth is, they weren't designed to be 1/4 miles cars. Like i sad though, twists and turns are where these cars accel.

I think you're right but the point is that they didn't build their cars specifically for drag racing. Skinnies on the back, gutted interior, drag-specific suspension setup... sh*t like that which one would only do to a purpose-built drag car, is what it would take for 12's in a Contour. Very doable for $10k, just not practical.

Then we can agree to disagree. :cool:

Fair enough

u know, there isnt one thread that 95myst puts up that his chops aren't busted by at least two persons... not one! its all good bro. have as much fun as u can with ur car. truth is, it won't take the abuse for very long. u're gonna have stuff beaking on ya.

i'd rather have the traction thanks. wats the point of having the power if u cant control it. i see it as a waste of power.

17.3.... You ran a 17.3

You could use an extra 300whp.

Seriously, that car is slow as hell, you'll be lucky if you beat any new cars out there, you could probably beat a stock smart car.

man, like i've said, i dont care that my car is slow. i've driven my fair share of fast cars ('94 Corvette LT-1, '89 RX-7 turbo, 92 300ZX turbo, '04 GTI turbo w/chip 92 Tempo V-6 w/ ported and polished heads, headers, zex nitrous kit just to name a few). to me it was a race against the clock. I was just out there to have fun.

those are two of the funniest damn clips i've seen in a long time....

that's gotta be the slowest contour evarrrr

i'm sure there are slower ones out there, and by the way. I DONT CARE :crazy:
it is kinda funny seeing how slow it is compared to other cars, but whats wrong with having fun? :shrug:

I actually think some of these people are just upset that you have more fun than they do. I hope you enjoy torturing them with your posts. Your positive good nature seems to piss them off. Keep up the good work. It's fun to watch.:laugh:

thanks man, that is all i'm doing, is having fun and letting everyone know about it. i dont care that its slow. i had a blast and thats all that matters to me. i'm also tryin to put up some numbers for the zetecs (not that they're great or anything) but they do have potential.

i'm sure there are slower ones out there, and by the way. I DONT CARE :crazy:
it is kinda funny seeing how slow it is compared to other cars, but whats wrong with having fun? :shrug:

good, thats the way it should but...it sure as hell doesnt matter what i think...even if i did finish most of a snickers bar waiting for it reach the end in that first clip:laugh:

my v6 atx contour was slow as f@3K too so i speak from experience....got roasted by my bro-inlaws sentra se-r when i first got it, could out run old an old supra and a jeep, but was up to my neck in trouble with a freakin modded corolla...and plain looking civics :shrug:

ford totally laid an egg with this car now that i think about it

haha yea, i know wat its like. its rare that i beat anything out there, but its all in good fun. the thing is, u finished most of a snickers bar? damn u eat slow, i got about half way through my second one watching the one video lol

nothing wrong with having fun! your having more fun than me.

for what its worth i really wanted to take my old car (96 dodge grand caravan LE) to the strip just for giggles. you probably would have beat it. it probably ran 20's.

it was a V6 3.3L, trust me it was slowwwwwwww. blew 3 trannys. first one was my fault. they do good burnouts. :)

these are the only pics i have of her. i do miss her. i see her sometimes around town. i feel bad for the guy who bought it. lots of problems.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2420839
158 HP @ 4,850 rpm; 203 ft lb @ 3,250 rpm

trannys are a very common problem with chrysler products. i doubt i'll ever buy a newer one. i love the old chargers, darts, and demons though.

and yes, the 3.3's do WONDERFUL burnouts. a :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: to drive in the rain and snow though.

yeps the trannys are bad. the diff is glass. mine was wonderful in the snow but im sure my tires had alot to do with it. i miss the low end TQ.

Back