• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

11.5 second Contour SE

This thread makes me lol. A stock SE would be lucky to see 140whp. Don't even get me started on an auto because I own one. :) Mine with intake and exhaust put down a lovely 133whp.. I think.

Once I squeezed that much hp out of her, she took a crap someplace in Indiana and had to push her back into the hotel parking lot. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

meh.. I don't mention it much anyway.. I figure mine is kind of unoffical.. I didn't post the slip so I can't back it up, therefore I can't claim it.

IIRC that guy with the Cougar (ilovemycar is his s/n on NECO, dunno if he's here) ran a very high 12? Like a 12.8 or 12.9 or so. And yeah, that was with a BIG shot of spray, something like a 150 shot or something. As far as I know thats the absolute quickest 1/4 mile I've seen.

I think someone, if they were really determined, could get a Contour/Cougar down into the lower 12's, but the amount of work would be tremendous and probably be to the detriment of the car's performance for anything other than drag racing. I'm not going to say its impossible, because anything is possible with the right amount of money, but its just not "realistic" to see anything lower than a high 12 second pass.

EDIT: It was a 13.2. IIRC the engine blew before he could get it any lower.
http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercury-Cougar-Timeslip-9105.html

No..

I don't know that anyone, except MAYBE Greg (Demon) has run slicks with a time this close..

I think his time was on street tires, even.

Back