• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

50W fog lights 75cents @ Walmart!

Chas

Veteran CEG'er
I was in Walmart last night (Tucson, AZ), and wandered into their automotive section. I found a clearance section, and low and behold, they had the brighter 50W bulbs for our fog lights on clearance for 75 cents, marked down from $5.XX

Hope this helps anyone who can find them!

Since factory is 37.5 watts and you are bringing it up to 50, you will probably be melting your fogs. Nice deal!!

As it is only 1amp more in current draw, it won't make any difference. If you took it to 75-100 watts, then you may have heat issues if the car was sitting still, but even then, driving down the road would cool the lamp off! But, as always, don't do it if your scared ;)

Which walmart? Speedway n Kolb? or the South Side?

Yeah, Speedway and Kolb. I think I took all they had, as I have a couple cars that take them :crazy: but from the times that i've been to various walmarts, they normally have similar clearance areas, so they should be in all of them.

Well I personally have never run the higher wattage bulbs, but I know others on the forums have and melted the fog lens. Cheap brand of bulbs throwing more heat than usual? :shrug:

Never mind, some dude told me the cops are kicking everyone out there. if you know a new spot let me know. I also have a silver contour.

Back