• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Photoshop done right!

yea that last one is really cheezy, sorry to say but it is.
and photoshop isn't that hard at all really. The first one is a simple chop

Recoveryone, I wouldn't worry that Bishop doesn't like your friend's chop. quote]

It not about if he liked it or not, but his statement was that he could do a better one, I sent him the same original pic and I have yet to see any results. If all he said was he didn't like it, no big deal, but don't go knocking down on someone elses skills if your not willing to put up or just shut up.

I've never had the opportunity to work with the program myself, so I give those that have and do, much credit for their efforts. Its like me saying the Lakers sucked tonight! do I mean I can play better or they blew a 24 point lead and lost!!!!!!!!!!:cry:

Well Bishop!!! I have yet to see any result of your work to back up your claim of being a better photoshoper:shrug::shrug: In the mean time my boy has stepped up his game and thrown the gauntlet down in your face with this next pic:

And had you actually responded to the PM I sent you back, I'd have attempted to do some work on the provided picture.

I never said I was a *better* Photoshopper, merely that he wasn't as good you say he is based SOLELY on the example given. And would have left far cleaner lines on the leading edge of the car. What he did was simple. Not what I would call a good example of what it takes to be good at Photoshop.

It not about if he liked it or not, but his statement was that he could do a better one, I sent him the same original pic and I have yet to see any results. If all he said was he didn't like it, no big deal, but don't go knocking down on someone elses skills if your not willing to put up or just shut up.

And when someone comes back to you asking what the original concept for the end result was, you should at least dignify it with a response. Don't give one side of the story.

I've never had the opportunity to work with the program myself, so I give those that have and do, much credit for their efforts. Its like me saying the Lakers sucked tonight! do I mean I can play better or they blew a 24 point lead and lost!!!!!!!!!!:cry:

Photoshop is an amazing application, and even a rank amateur can do well enough in it given a couple hours' worth of practice. Again, see my last response given the supplied sample of work. If he's so well versed in the application, post more of his work.

And you CAN say the Lakers sucked last night. Given that they're a PROFESSIONAL basketball team, they are expected to perform at a certain level. Blowing a double- digit lead is far from what I would consider an excellent performance.

Yikes is all I can say about example#2. The woman is represented as being in front of the car yet her knee only comes up to the middle of the bumper. That makes her about 4 feet tall or less. Her head sould be well above the roofline. This in a really good example of a really bad sense of how perspective. Just using tools doesn't make for a good final outcome.

Reminds me of a chop I did for a ceg member about seven years ago that took me litterally 10 minutes, mind you I don't like using filters. I have always airbrushed in things like reflections and lighting changes. You can always spot filters.

Recoveryone, I wouldn't worry that Bishop doesn't like your friend's chop. The first one you showed was better than the last one you put up, it's actually not a good example at all.

Honkeytonk, I've *always* been a fan of your PS work for that very reason- you do it the professional way, and avoid using filters. I use them as sparingly as I can, too.

You've imposed an SVT into scenery and made it look seamless, despite the fact that floating an SVT on a mountain lake should be impossible. The first picture looked akin to a rather disappointing vehicle selection scene from a video game.

The thrust of Photoshop is to enhance the image, often in a subtle manner. Not beat the crap out of it with a sledgehammer.

And when someone comes back to you asking what the original concept for the end result was, you should at least dignify it with a response. Don't give one side of the story.

I'm sorry, I did not have any expected results, I saw his work in a online mag as a reader like myself submitting work to be published. So what he did (FOR FREE) was beyond anything I could do, and has never said he was a professional, was good results in my book. But back to the question to you, WHERE is your submission? You seam to understand the Laker comparsion, but you miss it within your own remarks. So again I'm waiting with baited breath to see what you have to offer. The clock is ticking going on 48+ hours now.............................:shrug:

(No offense... but if by "real good photoshop work," you meant "destroyed any of the reality and subtle nuance of the original material," you're absolutely right.

If you've been working in Photoshop for an hour, you can copy the image, create a new layer, paste it, flip vertical, change the opacity, switch to free transform and stretch the "reflection" to the dimensions seen above. It's roughly 7 minutes worth of "work" on a slow computer.

The rest is simple filter work and color adjustment with difference clouds thrown into hide any flaws in the work. Honestly, I'm surprised he didn't throw in a lens flare filter.

<--- not easily impressed with Photoshop work.

EDIT 2: What's with the obvious smudge or airbrush work by the headlights and around the edge of the hood? I'm sorry, man... but that is amateur Photoshop work at best. I could have done better on my laptop with the touch pad mouse. I hope he didn't take more than an hour to get this done for you.) your words not mine

And if you got time to bump your gums on here, then I can assume you have more time on your hands than your stating...lol

I'm sorry, I did not have any expected results, I saw his work in a online mag as a reader like myself submitting work to be published. So what he did (FOR FREE) was beyond anything I could do, and has never said he was a professional, was good results in my book. But back to the question to you, WHERE is your submission? You seam to understand the Laker comparsion, but you miss it within your own remarks. So again I'm waiting with baited breath to see what you have to offer. The clock is ticking going on 48+ hours now.............................:shrug:

Again, had you actually responded to the PM that I sent you 24 hours ago, even with "there was no concept," I'd have worked on it last night when I had an hour to spare. I never said when I would have it done, merely that the work he did should have taken an hour, no less. But so be it. The next time I have an hour to spare (looks like Sunday night at the earliest), I'll conceptualize and create something in Photoshop.

And if you got time to bump your gums on here, then I can assume you have more time on your hands than your stating...lol

It's called passing time on useless conference calls. You know... for those of us that have full time jobs.

I'm also not at home with access to Photoshop, and really don't feel the need to whip my Photoshop e-penis out to stand by my critique of a fairly simple and yet poorly executed photo manipulation. Will I? Yeah. But when I have time.

Oh, and next time, grow a thicker skin. This is the internet... not everyone is going to like what you post, and some of us are far more detailed in their critiques.

It's called passing time on useless conference calls. You know... for those of us that have full time jobs.

I'm also not at home with access to Photoshop, and really don't feel the need to whip my Photoshop e-penis out to stand by my critique of a fairly simple and yet poorly executed photo manipulation. Will I? Yeah. But when I have time.

Oh, and next time, grow a thicker skin. This is the internet... not everyone is going to like what you post, and some of us are far more detailed in their critiques.
oh son don't even go there, I just finish a 7 days straight run on call put in over 90+ hours. And it sound like your skin is a little thin now, since I call you out on your comments. I'm just from the old school of if you talk the talk, walk the walk. But as with many of you MTV , Generation X folks, the moon walk is a way of life and you word means nothing.

In my day when you call someone out you better step up to the plate and take swing or just sit up on the porch and let the BIG dogs do their there thing. Now if I felt you were attacking me personally, my words would be even more sharp and pointed. I just don't care for the Monday morning quarterback players out there that are quick to dissect another efforts without showing their own efforts/skills to justify their words.

To close, It didn't matter if you didn't like it, just say so, I have yet to say a word about your ability to do a thing have I. The clock is ticking.

oh son don't even go there, I just finish a 7 days straight run on call put in over 90+ hours. And it sound like your skin is a little thin now, since I call you out on your comments. I'm just from the old school of if you talk the talk, walk the walk. But as with many of you MTV , Generation X folks, the moon walk is a way of life and you word means nothing.

"Son?" I'm not your son. Not even close, so don't go spouting that crap. I could care less what your 7 days straight shift is. I hate MTV. And WTF are you talking about with the moon walk? What are you, 60? My skin is no thinner than it was when this whole debacle started. I'm not offended or upset by anything you've said so far. I'm also not some teenage punk. So I'd stop with making assumptions before you swallow your own foot.

In my day when you call someone out you better step up to the plate and take swing or just sit up on the porch and let the BIG dogs do their there thing. Now if I felt you were attacking me personally, my words would be even more sharp and pointed. I just don't care for the Monday morning quarterback players out there that are quick to dissect another efforts without showing their own efforts/skills to justify their words.

I've got no reason to attack you. You're the one who's taken offense to me calling this work as amateur at best. This has NOTHING to do with monday morning quarterbacking. I told you the exact methods with which your acquaintance made this picture, did I not? You admit to not knowing the first thing about Photoshop, did you not? So how can you qualify/quantify the work done on this picture?

To close, It didn't matter if you didn't like it, just say so, I have yet to say a word about your ability to do a thing have I. The clock is ticking.

I DID say I didn't like it. And then gave 100% concrete reason as to why. Next time, don't come onto a public forum touting "this is how you do Photoshop right" and expect to not get responses other than "OMG, it's the greatest picture ever, you're so right!" I've seen far better examples of how Photoshop is used. And will see far better examples of how Photoshop is used. This is far from what I would exemplify as the "right" way to use Photoshop. The clock is ticking? What clock? I hear no ticking. Had you actually responded to my PM yesterday, you'd have had an example ready to go because I actually HAD the spare time last night. But now? It's on my terms, whenever I get the time. I said I could do it in an hour's worth of work. And I can. I never said I'd have it within the hour of the original post.

"Son?" I'm not your son. Not even close, so don't go spouting that crap. I could care less what your 7 days straight shift is. I hate MTV. And WTF are you talking about with the moon walk? What are you, 60? My skin is no thinner than it was when this whole debacle started. I'm not offended or upset by anything you've said so far. I'm also not some teenage punk. So I'd stop with making assumptions before you swallow your own foot.

I've got no reason to attack you. You're the one who's taken offense to me calling this work as amateur at best. This has NOTHING to do with Monday morning quarterbacking. I told you the exact methods with which your acquaintance made this picture, did I not? You admit to not knowing the first thing about Photoshop, did you not? So how can you qualify/quantify the work done on this picture?

I DID say I didn't like it. And then gave 100% concrete reason as to why. Next time, don't come onto a public forum touting "this is how you do Photoshop right" and expect to not get responses other than "OMG, it's the greatest picture ever, you're so right!" I've seen far better examples of how Photoshop is used. And will see far better examples of how Photoshop is used. This is far from what I would exemplify as the "right" way to use Photoshop. The clock is ticking? What clock? I hear no ticking. Had you actually responded to my PM yesterday, you'd have had an example ready to go because I actually HAD the spare time last night. But now? It's on my terms, whenever I get the time. I said I could do it in an hour's worth of work. And I can. I never said I'd have it within the hour of the original post.

Yes I do qualify to call you son, I'm 46 and you???? hmmmmm as I guess way younger than me so your are son in my eyes. lol. so stopped getting your panties in a wad, and to clear up my remarks (Moon walking= backstepping on previous crap talking) (MTV, Generation X = those born from 1970-1990) I'm I getting warm about you...lol
And you brought up the point of how busy of a worker you are as if the rest of us are unemployed or some High School chump. And the PM you keep referring was just the pic I sent you, with the words "what was the desired results" so how did that keep you from doing work on the picture???? I had to send you the PM first since you didn't send me one with your e-mail address to give you a high res pic to start with. Glad I have these fancy computers with saved files so us old guys can go back and dig up the trash talk you young bucks do......lol

So being the bigger man I'll call this over as its seems you lack the tenacity to keep up. Take care my fellow CEG'er

:nonono: Jay, this guy is not worth your time. Clearly he doesn't understand.
No use continuing to argue with the stubborn and ignorant.

Well Bishop!!! I have yet to see any result of your work to back up your claim of being a better photoshoper

PS is my profession, and I'm not even this defensive about who is better with anything. He might have called you out, but when PS work is a) paid for, and b) by clients who drive a different car for every day of the week, the criticisms are a lot more in depth. If Bishop got under your skin, I'd hate to see you on the job. :laugh: :laugh:

I like the second pic better, but the reflections need a few more layers to be portrayed best.

Back