• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Roll bar on mystique

xtascox

Hard-core CEG'er
Well I'm planning on getting my 3l in early next year and then plan on entering a few hill climb events but in order to be qualified I'll need at least a roll bar. Any ideas where to start? I don't want to lose my back seats or anything.:laugh:

hill climbing????? oh well, you're probably gonna have to weld it custom, I'd start by looking under the dash at the tubular support that goes from the base of the driver A-pillar to the passenger A-pillar. using that as starting point build and weld in place.

I've had quotes, in England, for putting an FIA spec 6 point roll cage in a Mondeo and they vary between the equivalent of $2,500 and $5,000 in pounds sterling. No one produces one off the shelf over here so they have to be custom built.

As I recall someone put a roll bar in their SVT and there's a pic floating somewhere around here, it was only one bar that went behind the front seats and IIRC had attatchments for 5 point harnasses, not sure if that's something you'd want or if there's even a working pic of it, but you should be forewarned that if you do go this route your backseats will be totally useless.

As I recall someone put a roll bar in their SVT and there's a pic floating somewhere around here, it was only one bar that went behind the front seats and IIRC had attatchments for 5 point harnasses, not sure if that's something you'd want or if there's even a working pic of it, but you should be forewarned that if you do go this route your backseats will be totally useless.
LMAO. That is NOT a roll cage! Thats a B-piller swaybar.

He asked for roll bar, not cage, and as I recall the person who did that labeled it as a roll bar.:shrug:

EDIT: BTW bro, I'm not law expert, but I'm pretty sure he didn't mean a roll cage since I'm pretty sure you can't run a car (in PA at least) legally with a roll cage, so yeah, instead of laughing at me, maybe you should be laughing at yourself, I know I'm laughing at you. Also WTF is a B-Pillar swaybar?

EDIT EDIT: http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/s...er=1038340&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=all&vc=1

that's the thread I was talking about, Dion has it, it's a modified WRX harness bar. All photos are dead, however here is what it basically looks like
harness%20bar3.jpg
Though you'd have to talk to the techs if it's legal for hillclimbing. There's only one other instance of a roll cage of any sort on here and all pics and members website are dead. http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/s...umber=490778&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

Last edited:
Back