• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Voodoo Shifter Knob IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

icysvt

Addicted CEG'er
I contacted Bob Kruger about the number of knobs he had left but he had sold them all last week. However, he gave me the contact info for the guy who does the manufacturing now. I sent him an e-mail inquiring about generalized info (quantity needed, pricing, etc....) on getting a group buy set up. If we can get them cheap enough who would be interested in buying one? I had one on my last car and its the best feeling shift knob i have had. Lets get a list started.

1. icysvt

dude.....i've wanted one since i ever first saw the knob. itd have to be in black of course

1. icysvt
2. project svt

1. icysvt
2. project svt
3. SVT Loki
4. Newsvt

Depending on price I would we down for one so I'll put myself on the list!

Pictures?
here is a pic I found real fast. I hope Locomotion doesnt mind.
]
DSC00918.jpg

Here is the email I recieved back from Tom. Looks like we need to agree on a finish and we need at the very least 25 people to commit! These knobs are currently out of production so he will be doing us one heck of a favor by producing some more. I had one of these on my silver car and absolutely loved it. Nice and small spherical ball fits and feels great in the hand and also has a nice weight to it. So come on guys we need to get this list longer! I dont care what color we get be it silver black etc...... .Here is a pic of the spun finish.
tn_Spun_VK-109.jpg

Now if choosing a finish is going to be a problem with you guys then we could order all spun finished knobs and send them to blufuz for a pc finish.

tom thompson said:
Trey,

As you may know Contour Voodoo knobs are currently out of production. To warrant doing another run we would need to have something like ~25 interested parties, and they would all have to be the same finish. Pricing would be similar to the current Miata pricing found on our website: www.thompson-automotive.com/voodoo.html

Hope this helps,
Tom Thompson
Tom@Thompson-Automotive.com
949-366-0322

1. icysvt
2. project svt
3. SVT Loki
4. Newsvt
5. Desiato
6. tropictour(depending on avail. finishes)
7. ronssvt

I say lets go for the piano black finish.

If we want any chance of having these made guys we need to all agree on a finish and keep this simple. I say we go with the ceapest ones they make. That would be the spun finish. If you want black, green, red, blue, purple whatever, we can get with blufuz and see about getting a deal on him powdercoating. I'm sorry but the first time my wife drives the car with a textured black knob on it it is going to look like crap with her rings etc.....

textured black with engraving from a previous group buy(hmouta's):
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b8/hmouta/ceg contour/Dsc00092.jpg
contact this guy http://www.knobmeister.com/, he does the engraving and I think he did it for the GB last time too.

I appreciate the help with options but This guy deals with the guy im dealing with. he is a retailer of the voodoo knob. I am having to deal directly with the manufacturer on this gb. The contour shift knob is no longer in production. We have to get 25 purchased before he will even do a production run of them. I dont think we can get them ingraved because we arent dealing with that guy. Also that will make for an expensive shift knob.

1. icysvt
2. project svt
3. SVT Loki
4. Newsvt
5. Desiato
6. tropictour(depending on avail. finishes)
7. ronssvt
8. OB1

I know these will go on a cougar as well but can anyone confirm for me the fitment on a focus? I will get it cross posted on NECO in a min and on a few focus sites if we can confirm fitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back