• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

koni struts problem

ok i just was adjusting my struts and i broke off one of the adjusting knobs was wondering if there is a way to change that piece or is it stuck where it is?

thanks in advance
joel

you need one of these:
They are being made again right now
Picture064.jpg

i'm sorry i wasn't really clear the piece that goes and to broke off @ the top
your talking about the actuall adjustment rod, that goes down into the struts? if its broken there is nothing you can do to fix it. the strut would have to be replaced.

yes that is what i'm saying sorry if that is hard for you to believe but its obvious that it isn't hardened steel.

no i bought these struts 3-4yrs ago warranty is way gone if that is what you were talking about i did just buy a brand new one for the other side the damn thing busted at the bolt on the top end about wrecked so maybe i could say that one is the one that bit the dust lol

You are doing something wrong to be breaking heavy duty struts like you are.
I wouldnt call the Konis heavy duty. both pole120 and myself have broken a pair of konis. we had GCs with the camber kit on them. the bottom of the threaded portion is where it breaks. we took the camber kits off and havent broken one since. although i did bend one at the same location, but i hit a pretty big curb that i didnt see since it wasnt marked and it was dark out.

Back