• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The 6th annual Fall Dragon Run thread!

I have to grab some aluminum square tube to make a new headrest camcorder mount. I tore up my last one because I had an immediate need for the aluminum. Oops.

How much to make another one? Is it universal? I am debating making one, but I'd need a camera too... :blackeye:

I just don't feel like dropping all sorts of money on V1, camera, and Nav unit. :blackeye:

I have to grab some aluminum square tube to make a new headrest camcorder mount. I tore up my last one because I had an immediate need for the aluminum. Oops.

How much to make another one? Is it universal? I am debating making one, but I'd need a camera too... :blackeye:

I just don't feel like dropping all sorts of money on V1, camera, and Nav unit. :blackeye:

i have several feet (probably 6-7') of 1" square aluminum tubing. if you let me know how long of a section i can cut it and bring it down with me. then all you have to do is drill the holes and mount it using some u-bolts. either you can pic up your own camera mount or i can pic up one like i have from Murphy's Camera for you.

Pete, i have a post somewhere, i think in Pics and Vids, about my in car camera mount.

Edit: here's my post

Well, I will be coming with a flesh wound on my brand new car. At lunch today, in the restaurant parking lot, I was in line to pull out. The woman in front of me didn't like the line and threw it into reverse...destroying my front bumper. I only have 1500 miles on it... :blackeye: :cry:

Roger do you know a good body shop?

Aw crap Pete, that sucks. Maybe it's time to consider the painters tape option like me. At least no one can see. How bad is it? Glad you're still coming though.

i have several feet (probably 6-7') of 1" square aluminum tubing. if you let me know how long of a section i can cut it and bring it down with me. then all you have to do is drill the holes and mount it using some u-bolts. either you can pic up your own camera mount or i can pic up one like i have from Murphy's Camera for you.

Pete, i have a post somewhere, i think in Pics and Vids, about my in car camera mount.

Edit: here's my post

Thanks, I'll probably make it before I leave though. Good call on the ubolts, last time I made an overly complicated clamp. This way is easier and faster.

Aw crap Pete, that sucks. Maybe it's time to consider the painters tape option like me. At least no one can see. How bad is it? Glad you're still coming though.

I could prob mount a receiver hitch in my front bumper and it is lightly scratched and gouged...

It just won't look as pretty for the picture. Wouldn't mind one of those band aid stickers for it. LOL

Whatever, I will just have to touch out the damage with photoshop. :blackeye:

Still, I am very sad. :cry:

Pete, sorry to hear about your ride, that sucks:shocked: I'd give Autometrics a call and tell them a guy at Auto Europe sent you. While its there, get that bra taken off too. A new bumper cover and respray is going to no problem, especially since your car is so new and its not costing you anything, hopefully they can put you into a rental as well.

Hectour, is it true another EVO is taking Ray's place:shrug::confused:

Everyone else...48 hours to go, less for us actually, but you get the point! Its almost here!

I just have to pack and wash the car. its supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow morning so im going to wait till tomorrow afternoon to wash it. Bring some 2-way radios if you have them. it makes it much easier to get a hold of everybody, especially in places where cell coverage may not be the greatest.

I need a roomate!

I need a roomate!

Looks like my dad is not going with due to financial issues...which leads me to financial issues. I need a roomate, I only planned on spending half of what the room costs.

Anyone interested?

This sucks.:blackeye:

how much is it? i might be able to swing it depending on the price. hit me up on AIM later if you get a chance and we can discuss it there.

Well you could either room up with the other guys or maybe get one of them to room up with you, thus making it cost more for the remaining guys or there's plan C, call me tonight;)

I can't wait for tomorrow to fly by as today and yesterday did but then again I got to detail a Lotus Elise Series 1, pearl yellow w/ blue top and leather, very cool car! 1600 lbs and 143=:drool::drool::drool: Today I detailed a 2005 Lotus Elise w/ only 9K on the clock, red w/ black leather and it turned out great, anyone got $35K sitting around:shrug:

2 days from right now we'll be out on the Skyway for a "parade lap", can't wait! BTW, what time/day is everyone else planning on arriving:confused:

I might be game to join as well hector depending on the room size? get with daniel and discuss. let me know.

Its taken care of. instead of staying at Trey's house, we are going to pitch in and stay at the cabin with Hector.

Its taken care of. instead of staying at Trey's house, we are going to pitch in and stay at the cabin with Hector.
this is going to kick ass! we have alot of work to do on the ride though daniel!:crazy: My new wheels will be here tomorrow!

this is going to kick ass! we have alot of work to do on the ride though daniel!:crazy: My new wheels will be here tomorrow!
cool, let me know if for some reason they dont show up so i can get the E1s together.

and we'll do the important stuff first, like the fuel pump. :D

of course the rear door locks are pretty easy to do as well.

Less Than 24 Hours To Go!!!

Less Than 24 Hours To Go!!!

Damn, you guys are going right down to the wire, literally:laugh::laugh::laugh: but I'm sure its going to be taken care of though! I just thought I'd run down a little list of our plans for the upcoming days:

-Thursday around dinner time (4-5:00 p.m.) is when Hector, Pete, Dan and I should be arriving at Caney Creek. We'll get settled in, go to Hardee's for a quick, cheap bite and then run half the Cherahola and then turn around and head back to the cabins and "chill":cool:

-Friday morning (10:00 a.m. or so) get some breakfast at that restaraunt and then head out on Trey's run and then head over to the Dragon. Depending on how long the run takes, we can hang out there till its dark and then run the Dragon at night OR we could head back to Caney Creek, eat dinner and then head out to the Dragon later in the night, like around 11:00 p.m.:shrug:

-Saturday morning (9:00 a.m. or so) get breakfast and head out for the Dragon, getting back in time for our legendary dinner at the Tellica Cafe back in Tellico Plains:cool:

-Sunday head home, but we may or may not take the long way home. Last year we went out on the Dragon and then took it to 411 to I-75, I'll see how that goes but I remember last year when we did that, a TON of cops out there around noon:rolleyes:

I'LL BE ON THE ROAD GETTING DOWN THERE IN LESS THAN 22 HOURS!

Less than 24 hours and I haven't done anything to get ready! Been so busy wrapping things up at work I haven't had a chance to do anything.

Tonight means:
wash car
tape car
make camera mount
pack
check air pressure in tires
check oil
get gas
get road snacks

All of this while I'm working late, and a very close friend is in town who I haven't seen in forever so we'll be going out to dinner tonight as well! I think I'll be up late guys. . . .

Back