• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

just moved here

98csvt69

CEG'er
Hey im originally from northern minnesota but i just moved down to Adelanto or (Victorville) up in the high desert. I will be here till about october or november then im going back. just thought id say hi and see if thiers anyone close in the area thats on the sight. Well thats all haha.

hey welcome to Cali, i used to live up in MN for 3 years. in the saint paul area. too bad sacramento is far... or is it? anyone know california's geography? is sacramento far from O.C.? .....i just moved here 2 years ago, i dont know noffin.

hey welcome to Cali, i used to live up in MN for 3 years. in the saint paul area. too bad sacramento is far... or is it? anyone know california's geography? is sacramento far from O.C.? .....i just moved here 2 years ago, i dont know noffin.

Yea its around a 8 hr drive. The O.C. is in southern cali right below Los Angeles

Yea its around a 8 hr drive. The O.C. is in southern cali right below Los Angeles

8 Hours my arse! I drive from Sac to San Diego all the time. Doing the speed limit it's about 6 - 6.5 hours tops with moderate to heavy traffic if you're only going to O.C.

Yea i will look into goin down thier...whats all gonna go on at this shindig? Iv never even been to one. Back home they were having won on the 21st that i wanted to go to but i couldnt since i came out here. And the reason im out here for a short time is #1 im working out here and #2 i dont like it out here lol.

man, welcome to california...sorry that you picked a crappy part of it...there's not much going on in victorville, or any of the high desert for that matter....

and if you think you dont like now, wait til mid summer, you'll really hate it :laugh:

meanwhile, from victorville down to milesquare park where they're having the meet its maybe 2hr drive at the most on a decent day

let me welcome you to San Bernardino County, I'm down the hill in San Bernardino. Victorville is a growing area, but still has its out in the boon docks spaces.

tell me about it....im living in the industrial park in a trailer...but its quite right here and i like it cuz thats what im use to back home...being from a town of 400 people lol.

tell me about it....im living in the industrial park in a trailer...but its quite right here and i like it cuz thats what im use to back home...being from a town of 400 people lol.

400 ppl:shocked:, My neighborhood has that many:laugh::laugh:. Victorville may be just the spot for you to adjust than to get out in LA or the OC and get overwhelm.

Of course i do like the quite. but im deffinitly use to big city's. My dad owns a auto transport trucking co. And even tho im only 18 iv drivin big rig all across america. You learn quik when the first time you drive is in the middle of L.A. traffic at 11 o'clock at night.

You learn quik when the first time you drive is in the middle of L.A. traffic at 11 o'clock at night.

lol that pretty much sums up l.a. traffic at 11:eek:o at night :laugh:

my brother gave me a crash course on learning to drive stick by having to drive him from orange county to l.a.x at 6:30am rush:eek:

i stalled so many times and by the time we got to the airport i was soaked with sweat....but he was leaving me his car so i had to learn how to drive it....

LoL I learned on the Job. On the 5 freeway in morning traffic as well. Not that early but... Anyhow I was driving a 1500 and they said it was too much in gas and that I had to drive the companies S10 to make deliveries. So I'm trying to go on the on ramp while it was metered. Took me about an hour to learn how to not stall it in first.

Heres the conversation about that:

Boss: You need to drive the S10. The Ram uses too much gas.
Me: But I don't know how to drive a stick.
Boss: Learn. (hands me the keys)
Me: But I dont want to drive that small truck.
Boss: Then your fired.
Me: Er... (grab the keys and start up the truck)

True story too. Welcome to Cali by the way.

LoL I learned on the Job. On the 5 freeway in morning traffic as well. Not that early but... Anyhow I was driving a 1500 and they said it was too much in gas and that I had to drive the companies S10 to make deliveries. So I'm trying to go on the on ramp while it was metered. Took me about an hour to learn how to not stall it in first.

Heres the conversation about that:

Boss: You need to drive the S10. The Ram uses too much gas.
Me: But I don't know how to drive a stick.
Boss: Learn. (hands me the keys)
Me: But I dont want to drive that small truck.
Boss: Then your fired.
Me: Er... (grab the keys and start up the truck)

True story too. Welcome to Cali by the way.

If it were me I woulda just drove the sh** out of that s10 so that it would get the same mileage as the 1500!:shrug: Plus it was an s10 so I wouldn't feel bad tearing it up.

Back