• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I can't be the only one...

I'm a neat freak with my interiors so I never let anything build up anywhere. If I hear something drop, it drives me insane until I stop somewhere and grab it from under or behind the seat. :laugh:

haha me too. It's almost like an animal is chomping at the back of my head until I finally pull over and retrieve whatever fell.

haha me too. It's almost like an animal is chomping at the back of my head until I finally pull over and retrieve whatever fell.

Yeah, I'm stupid and try to reach whatever fell while I'm driving. I've never actually grabbed what I reached for and end up pulling over anyways. :crazy:

Sandra is like a little kid with french fries. She can't seem to get them all in her mouth so they end up on the side of the seat. I had to set a rule for the kiddy: "NO EATING IN MY FRIGGIN' CAR!" :laugh:

when i detailed my car recently i found an insulin needle, candy wrappers and an old antique looking key.

EDIT: i just searched antique keys and found this pic. its actually a real antique key. mine is identical to the one circled in this pic.
il_430xN_6969215.jpg

Speaking of that space, has anyone used one of those cup holder things that jams down in there?

No, I usually just jam the them down in there and they stay.... Usually I use my upgraded cup holders though unless there full of course....

I think I found about $4 in the new SVT when I took out the center console to fix it.

i think its interesting that someone would be carrying this on them to have lost it in the first place. and i found it by itself. it wasnt a whole key chain and it didnt even have a key ring or anything. and i found it in the back seat which means they were sitting in the back and most likely not the owner of the car so why did they even have it on them. maybe they were just antique collectors and had stuff sitting in the back seat and lost it.

Who knows, there was a CD in the spare tire well on my car when I bought it :dizzy:
How about finding forgotten-about unopened Snap-On tools down there? :drool:
Unfortunately it was just a carburetor adjustment tool with the attachments, which I really have no idea why the guy was keeping in a Contour...other than the fact he was a mechanic.

Unfortunately it was just a carburetor adjustment tool with the attachments, which I really have no idea why the guy was keeping in a Contour...other than the fact he was a mechanic.

He must have been using it for something else? Were his eyes all red when he sold you the car?

when i replaced the carpet in my 63 station wagon, i found a full bottle of windex and a really nice pair of Snap-off slip joint pliers. they were both under the carpet.

There must be some more cool stuff under there. I think sometime next week I'm going to completely take the seats out and see if I find anything else! :laugh:

Back