• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Life of a SVT Contour at car show

I'm willing to bet at least one of those judges used to own a Contour or have one in the family.

Ha...yeah probably..

They're going to be eating a family dinner and the judge is going to look out and tell them they got a nice import....:idea: that wasn't an import...DOH!:laugh:

The show was hosted by a large PT Cruiser club, the show had other imports that were parked on the opposite end from mine. It was a small show compared to the turn out last time they held it.

I was hoping to win best rims or Ford maybe, but the rims went to the magnum that was parked next to me and the best Ford went to a Mustang that was sitting on 20"s fully bagged and snake skin interior. It look more cheesy to me for a Stang. Best engine went to a 800hp Chevy El Camino full blower setup, I used to do security for the guy at his skating rink he used to own.

The other imports consist of a few Honda's, a Celica, but none of them were clean, mostly work in progress. I was pleased on the way the buff job I did the day before came out on the car and rims, I think that was why I got it. the way the sun was hitting my ride made the paint look wet.

LMAO!
Congrats on the win! You definitely deserved to win. :drool: Beautiful!

The NE CEG had a meet a few months back. We parked in the restaurant parking lot, had lunch and when we came out a mall security guard came up to us and asked what we were doing. "Car club meet" we told him. He says he thought we "were like a biker gang but with imports". We were laughing our asses off.
Yamaha racer 686 says "I'm out" and walked away laughing. Me, all I could say was "imports?"

Moral of the story, you apparently aren't alone in the fact that people think you drive an import. ;) :eek:

Back