• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2009 Acura TSX 6-Speed vs. 98-00 SVT Contour

todras

Pretty fly for a white guy *cowbell*
Thought this was interesting.

Some TSX numbers:
201hp 2.4 inline 4 cyl
0-60 in 6.7 seconds (This I gotta see)
25 mpg (observed fuel economy)
.85g on the skidpad
70-0 braking: 181'
Dealer price:30k

SVT Contour
195-200 hp 2.5 V6
0-60 6.9 seconds
City mpg 20, Hwy 29. Mixed around 25 if you drive normal
.91g on the skidpad
60-0 braking: 134'
Dealer price:23k

These cars are roughly 10 years apart. Quite a difference today. I guess getting as much out of 4 cyl is the most impressive. I'm guessing you have to really wring the hell out of it to get the performance numbers though.

Im going to have to 2nd that one!

I'm gonna have to agree as well. Especially with how ugly the new TSX looks

600-acura-span.jpg

I hate the new TSX, I liked the last style though. The 2009 is 1.4 inches longer, 167 pounds heavier and its also a quarter inch wider then the TL. Its 4bhp less then the previous model, due to a little more in the mid range.. CSVT < 09 TSX

These cars are roughly 10 years apart. Quite a difference today. I guess getting as much out of 4 cyl is the most impressive. I'm guessing you have to really wring the hell out of it to get the performance numbers though.

Well if you think about it, it has basically the same displacement 2.4L to 2.5L so the fact that they make 201 hp and 176 tq is basically the same as the 2.5 svt ten years ago. So they make a little more torque down low but in the weight department its a very fair match up. The Svt is 15.3 lb/hp as the TSX is 17 lb/hp . BTW we will have to see where the tsx gets its power band, since its a Honda its probably gonna be around 6500-7000k. I'll run my cougar against it any day...

So, you get worse handling, a debateable faster 0-60 speed, uglier looking, and same gas milage in a car that costs $7K more band new.......sign me up? :shrug:

The last TSX looked better IMO. The last one also looked similar to a Mazda 6. Mazda 6 is a far superior buy that beats it in price and performance too. Don't understand why people like Honda's so much.

The last TSX looked better IMO. The last one also looked similar to a Mazda 6. Mazda 6 is a far superior buy that beats it in price and performance too. Don't understand why people like Honda's so much.

My guess is they like Acuras because they either dont know its a Honda and/or because they want a semi-luxury car thats not a BMW or Volvo.

Back