• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Nearly there

Trek

CEG'er
What with being distracted by babies and other time consuming hobbies, I've finally got around to painting the block and getting the engine back together. I'll get some good pics once all the uppers etc are on, but heres a before and after shot to give an idea.

Shame most of it will be hidden from site in the engine bay. Hoefully be in and running in 2 weeks. ( if the wife lets me escape the house )

enginesteam.jpg

Engine11.jpg

Haha I saw the first picture and thought, wow that does look pretty nice, then I scrolled down and saw the 'after' picture. Very nice!

you plan to drop the motor in with the Air Con compressor still attached? Hum, every time I have assisted in a motor swap we pulled the compressor off with the lines still attached and zip tied it to the sub frame, so we never have to recharge the A/C system.

Nice work on the paint though, motor looks super clean :cool:

you plan to drop the motor in with the Air Con compressor still attached? Hum, every time I have assisted in a motor swap we pulled the compressor off with the lines still attached and zip tied it to the sub frame, so we never have to recharge the A/C system.

Nice work on the paint though, motor looks super clean :cool:

I think he wanted a new compressor anyway.... :ponder:

OR.... instead of being on CEG. you can install that dam oven so i can send you stuff

damn you! - you want me to bake you a cake or what, funny guy :laugh: - My 3L is in the way of the big oven anyway, so I can't do much until my car is done.

Back