• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

tint question

Random Hero

CEG'er
so the tints in CT can be 35% and i live there but i go to school in new york where it says the tints are 70%? does it go by where the car is registered or where the car is? and how strict are they on enforcing all that?

it should be based on where the car is registered ... but Elky may have some comments to the contrary ...

btw CT is 35% side windows and anything on the back window as long as you have two outside review view mirrors and no mirror tint iirc

haha Brian...
it is where the car is registered.
the Ny police might bust your nutz about it, but they have no right to ticket you for it.

haha Brian...
it is where the car is registered.
the Ny police might bust your nutz about it, but they have no right to ticket you for it.

Yeah, I've read lots of posts about those stupid NY troopers. :nonono: Lots of bogus fraudulent tickets and general a-hole-ness.

Ive had 15% since day one on my G..been pulled over twice..they overlook the tint :)

however on my old svt, forget about, they would bust out the tint gun..

yea the problem is im a kid so if i ever get pulled over i feel like theyd do everything they can to screw me so i wanna make sure i keep it completely legal

Back